Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Shockwave wont go(anymore). where to start?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Shockwave wont go(anymore). where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:49 PM
TXrangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave wont go(anymore). where to start?

my 11 y/o brother got a Redcat Shockwave for Christmas.Since then we've abused it pretty good. lol Bent shock, busted the screw out of the bottom driver side hub(fire hydrants dont give), bent rear drive axle, somehow the rear wing fell off. we noticed the front wheels dont pull anymore( shaft from transmisson to the front diff turns) shortly after that it wont go at all, the clutch bell is discolored, so obviously the clutch is done. im guessing the front diff gears are stripped too. so far in my cart at redcat ive got parts 02024T(Upgraded front and rear dif set),02048M(aluminum clutch shoe). ive yet to dissemble the car, but is there anything else that may be damaged or that I should look for before I place a parts order?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:46 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the center drive shaft to the front diff may be turning....but the diff input cup may be slipping on the shaft. The input drive cup has a slug (set) screw that may have come loose. If it is loose (or missing) then the center shaft will turn but not turn the diff or the wheels.

Even if that is the case, not sure why it would stop moving all together. You mentioned the clutch bell is discolored, when you rev the motor does the clutch engage and turn the center trans?
Old 12-28-2013, 07:43 AM
TXrangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply. In fact that is exactly what happened. The set screw fell out of the front diff. And lossened up enough to not turn the rear shaft. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, those pesky set screws....get some thread lock for them. One of the issues with low budget nitro rc's is that often they don't have thread locker where they should. If you lost the set screw and don't have a hobby shop nearby, you might be able to find a replacement at a hardware store. It should be a metric screw.