Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Question My Volcano S30 has no acceleration

Hello All,
    I got my redcat volcano s30 about a year or so ago. Been having issues with it since I bought it, but it's been fun when I can keep it running. My issue now is that when I have the truck running and hit the gas, the engine will rev, but there is no real power going to the tires anymore. It doesn't take off like it use to. I changed the clutch (plastic to aluminum), checked the set screws going to the front and rear tires (all tight), but am kind of stuck now. Is there might be an issue with the transmission? Thanks in advance for the help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ive had the same problem and one my wheels had rounded out where the 12mm hex goes.
    It could be ur clutch if its not the wheels.
    Axial poison spyder wraith, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho, 13 xmods
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Zack, the wheels seem to be fine and I replaced the clutch shoes and cleaned out the bell housing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    what does turn? Can you see the center drive shafts (from trans to the diffs) turning?
    The drive cups (input cups) to the diff have 1 set screw holding them to the diff's pinion gear. If that screw is loose or missing, the center driveshafts will turn but not spin the gears in the diff.
    If the center driveshafts are not even spinning, then the issue is likely in the trans.
    Make sure none of the drive pins (which go behind the wheel hexes) are missing.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The volcano uses hexs the are about the same size as 2 normal hexs as say from the tornado s30. There r 2 grub screws on the hex that grip to a flat spot on the axle. If all the grub screws on the hexs r tigght on the flat spot then I think id move on to messing with the tranny. Start with small parts of the drive line like making sure the wheels r tight along with all grub screws from the hexs to the trans front and rear diff grub screws. Lock tight is a friend!
    Axial poison spyder wraith, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho, 13 xmods
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato