Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

aftermarket redcat parts?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Raeodor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket redcat parts?

I see that most places offer replacement parts but not aftermarket redcat stuff.

Looking for tires mainly, or should I just use another brand, or other cool aftermarket parts.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what car?
Ive got proline dirt hawgs on my tornado s30, with proline epic beadlock wheels.
I havent found after market stuff, theres an upgrade kit which gives u 4 extra shocks and all the a-arms but in aluminum a new header and exhaust pipe and some thing else I dont remember.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Raeodor

yea sorry bout that guess i forgot to specify I have a Hurricane XTE. Trying to stock up on some parts and was wondering if there were any aluminum upgrades for the buggy.

Smashed a grapefruit sized rock today and thought I broke an A-arm, but it had just popped out, took it inside to put it back together and realized it broke the front gearbox which holds the arm in place. Also ruptured the shock so it leaked everywhere and also broke the servo saver. Was a pretty nice loud hit though lol.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 AM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh wow. Ive smacked a curb with my tornado s30 and snapped a hinge pin and then with my axial exo terra and broke the bumber and motor mount ha.

U can find aluminum a arms thats about all ive seen.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 AM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raeodor, you can use any standard 1/8th buggy wheels and tires. There are quite a few hopups from Redcat on the car, however I stay away from the alum. A-Arms, Going metal there just moves the problem to harder to change parts. For me the biggest bump was going to good tires, and that will really depend on where you are running your rig.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Raeodor

Mostly dirt. Light foliage and the dirt is rather hard. Good place nearby with a lot of 6ft hills for good climbing or insane jumps. Might post a video when its all put back together. Hate waiting for the parts. Too bad I live 20 min from their distribution center but still takes 5 days to get anything.

Last edited by Raeodor; 01-15-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 AM
garry125

heres a site on ebay Just use old part # redcat updated the part numbers and you can get. Parts for less then half of redcats price!!! Shipping takes a bit i just ordered something. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSP-RC-1-10-...item4acb8f0f18
Old 02-16-2014, 11:45 AM
WakeRider93

Best upgrade so far has been my wheels and tires. Just slapped on some 2.2" RPM wide rock crawler rims and proline 2.2" trenchers. Crazy difference, just need to retune and she'll be a monster.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0526.JPG
Views:	1835
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1969149