Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Hurricane XTE light clanking noise on take-off

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane XTE light clanking noise on take-off

Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Raeodor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane XTE light clanking noise on take-off

Dropped some 2x 7.4 5000mAh into the car and was testing out some repairs I made (front gearbox, shocks, and servo saver) and as im running around I notice a slight clanking (or a rattling)sound on the start. If I throttle progressively it doesnt do it but If I throttle half or more at the start, it starts to make the noise. Sometimes it will last all the way to full throttle and sometimes go away much sooner. My thought is it was the slip differential but I never known them to make that kind of noise. If I also had to guess I would say the rear end is causing this as it seems to jiggle I guess would be the right term when making this noise. It definitely seems to originate from the back and I dont know if its just too much power off the start or something is wrong. I checked the batteries and they had only been run between 10-15 min and they were at 7.6V When finishing the run (reads 8.5ish at full charge) . The motor was pretty warm but not too hot to touch.

Was running on concrete and asphalt for the repair tests. On some grass it also made the noise and it seems more frequent. If I had to make another guess I would say the car wasnt going quite as fast as it had in the past (maybe 38 instead of 40ish with the stock batteries) and this was with the better lipos.

Gotta say with the difficulty of getting replacement parts and sudden changes in the car without drastic hits or modifications, im starting to wain from Redcats. Was wanting to get a terremoto but thinking I might go with a big e-revo instead.

Anyone know of any repair shops I can take this to nearby in Phx to maybe have it checked out if I cant figure this out here?

Last edited by Raeodor; 01-16-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Raeodor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a video of what it sounds like.

Its sounds like its slipping, but if you work up to higher throttle it doesnt do it. Most videos I see peopel can hammer the throttle and it grabs and doesnt rattle like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey1XUrCut9Y&feature=youtu.be