Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Caldera 10e range problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Albertog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Caldera 10e range problem.

I bought my son a redcat caldera 10e for Christmas because I read good reviews about it and I thought maybe it would be a good starter rc car for him. We finally got a dry day a couple of days ago so we took it outside to test it out and I have to say im very disappointed with the range. The car can barely make it 50 feet without going out of range at which point we no longer have control of the car. Is this normal for this car? Is there a solution to this issue? Any help would be great.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:17 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

A better radio would be in check. This one will have a much broader range; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Brett1974

Sorry double post

Last edited by Brett1974; 01-19-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Brett1974

I as well received a Caldera 10e for Christmas., and I have no issue running the car out of sight probably about 200 yards before losing range. I would call Redcat as they have excellent customer service and could possibly exchange the radio /receiver under warranty. On a side note I have beat the living heck out of this truck and have not had a single issue. And by the way the above referenced radio is the same that is supplied with the Caldera just rebranded with redcat stickers.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Redcat James

It does sound like a warranty issue and usually it's just a defective receiver. If you fill out a warranty form from our website they will ask you a few questions and give you a few things to check. They will probably just send you a new receiver. Is the receiver antenna damaged? I have seen this cause issues before. Sometimes it gets damaged if it has been dragging on the ground.