Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Idle setting wont change on Earthquake 3.5

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Idle setting wont change on Earthquake 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
NitroJoe1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle setting wont change on Earthquake 3.5

I just got everything fixed on my earthquake and even put fresh batteries in my remote and receiver before making final adjustments to everything before finally breaking in the new engine but as soon as I turn the remote on the throttle goes wide open and any adjustment I make either with the idle adjustment screw or the remote there is no change on the carb. What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the throtle trim is reversed? If u pull the throtle linkage back with ur hand(with everything off) does the opening for the carb close?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 PM
NitroJoe1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured out what I did... when I put the new servo horn on I wasn't really paying attention to how I put it on so it wasn't really indexed right... I took the horn off and set it right and everything is good now. thanks for the response though, I feel pretty stupid it took me about a half hour to realize what I did wrong lol. Oh well, live and learn I guess
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol thats cool I do it all the time
Old 02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it is the stupid little things, that always take the longest amount of time to figure out