Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

not happy with redcat!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
thendawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the issue with the screws coming out of the steering knuckle... I had this happen last weekend (ran into a parking bump with only one wheel - not good lol), in a hurry I threw a new screw in and didnt realize the bushing had gone missing, this caused wobble that ended up ruining the c-hub and slightly bending the axle (or maybe that happened when it hit the parking block - no idea). I got some new hubs with knuckles and bearings off ebay for like $10 shipped. What I ended up doing is taking all the screws out, using a needle to apply super glue to the inside of the threads on the knuckle without getting it on the outside surface that needs to move, then putting the screws back in and tightening until the knuckle couldnt move, than backing off until it moved freely. The glue dried overnight and appears to have locked the screws fairly well (cant easilly unscrew with a screwdriver). New axle set comes in today (got 4 axles for about $15 shipped so Ill have extras) so Ill get it put together tonight or tomm morning than should be out bashing tomm afternoon. Ill let you guys know how it holds up. If I have issues, Ill be going to the aluminum chubs and knuckles.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 PM
westoakmech

Hey nitro, my point on the lipo's was that the buggy has lasted so long, that it outlasted a pair of lipo's. The batteries justed started going down over time from use. I replaced then with tunigy nano techs, so far very happy with those batteries.

The steering block mod I was talking about, you take a part# TRA3642 shoulder screw, they are upper screws for nitro rustler shocks.
You remove the little bushing, and throw it away. You drill out c-hub, until the shoulder fits through it, can't remember the size. Just go one bit at a time. Then just screw the screw into the hub. The threads are bigger, so you can do it on a worn out hub, and they are fine thread, so they hold really well. I have done this on volcano's, tornado's, caldera trucks, and buggies. Like I said, you can use ones that were stripped out, and thrash before. Red cat also has updated parts, that look about the same.

Hey I put a traxxas part on my redcat, now it is bullet proof.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:25 AM
jmilanojr

Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner
ive owned them all. why does a $250 brushed slash still come with plastic drive shafts that break easy? even worse, the vxl version has the same shafts and you can go threw them pretty quick. A $200 brushless epx pro has metal drive shafts. They are not perfect either....but if redcat can put steel on a $200 model, why the heck cant traxxas put metal driveshafts ona $300 model?

you cant tell me you haven't had a titan 550 motor burn up quickly on you? many of the titan 550 motors go up in smoke way to soon.

I have had 4 vxl ESC's burn up or quit working. 3 of them they did replace, but that is still a lot of ESC's to have go on you.

Im not bashing traxxas, ive owned a lot of them and liked the majority of them. And I will admit that some redcat's ive owned I had to repair more often than some traxxas models......but not that much more often, and the redcats usually cost 2/3's of what a comparable traxxas model costs. Why try to compare apples to apples with the 2 apples have a big price gap?
when you look at redcat models for what they are, they are not bad. having owned traxxas, hpi, losi, duratrax, Tamiya and others...I will still continue to buy redcat models. in my experience, they hold up good enough and are priced well enough. out of all the redcats I bought new, I only had one have a problem out of the box (bad radio) and redcat had a new one at my door in 5 days. I have never had a redcat have multiple faults before even driving a few packs threw it as you suggest.

FYI, it doesn't work well to hate on a brand in that brand's "support forum", LOL. Try to bash traxxas models on traxxas' forum, it wont go well.
Where is the like button at. Right on.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by stuey12345
Anyone who thinks these trucks are great have not owned anything of good quality like hpi or traxxas. I have had 10-15 different hpi and traxxas vechicles over the last 15 years and other than self inflicted damage never had any problems, i understand when you bashing and break stuff, when not when things quit working the first, second and third time truck is diven up and down a street
I trust you are speaking from personal experience and having actually owned a Redcat or two.

It should be noted, not all Redcat owners (or other manufacturers) will have the same experiences with their model/s, positive or negative. Too many variables!

These Redcat cars are great for what they are and what they cost. I would like to think I have a little more realistic expectations & common sense than to compare these entry level RTR cars with high end competitive 'race ready' brands at double the price (likely much more.) Any of the pro race kits from Team associated, HPI etc will cost in the region of $1000 by the time your finished with the build. (not exactly pocket change!) - Fine if you're racing competitively, but for just casual bashing .... it's $1000 wasted!

You mention you have "15 years of experience", then please pray tell, WHY are you even comparing Redcats to 'high end & priced competitive racing brands like HPI? .... NOT the same product, price point OR market! ... It's like comparing a dressed up toyota sedan to a racing car!
"Lets come down from the clouds and lets get real here for a moment!" ... and realistically compare "Apples with Apples" and NOT unrealistically - "Apples with Jewel encrusted Faberge Eggs"

If you're talking about HPI, Team Associated, Losi etc (Also made in China & Tiawan BTW), ..... NOW we're talking about higher quality competitive race worthy cars, which is an ENTIRELY different market & price point altogether! "The Faberge eggs if you will!"

While Recats (and the likes) may not be for everyone, or for you personally, they DO have their rightful place in the market and well suited to those who want a taste of the hobby without breaking the bank. (Fact NOT Fiction!)

Realistically, anyone looking to compete is certainly NOT going to consider an entry level price point RTR Redcat or the likes.
Just like, no one in their right mind is going to consider buying a high end competitive 'race ready' car, just for casual bashing, .... unless of course, money was no object and/or they have the uncurable "SOBWS" .... "Show Off Brand Wh*re Syndrome" ..which truthfully no-one cares a damn about, ..... except the delusional owner.

ANY GOOD Hobby shop, WILL try their best to help you out with ANY product/model you may bring to them regardless! .. If not, ... that's the hobby shop you want to avoid!

Regardless of what some may say, (everyone is entitled to their opinion) as an affordable entry level RTR product, which packs some serious punch out of the box, Redcat offers excellent bang for you buck at a price that's hard to beat for the casual basher. Some models are reportedly better than others!

DISCLAIMER: I am a non competative Recat 1/8 scale "Hurricane XTE" owner and in no way affiliated with Redcat Racing.

"Granted, you may beat me to the finish line with your expensive 'competition ready' HPI, Losi, Team Associated or even Traxxas, however you will be left left way behind, choking in my dust when it comes to beating me to the bank with my Redcat Hurricane XTE "

Last edited by Stryker48; 03-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Bob Jablonski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer can make a lot of difference. Is it an eBay deal, sell the item make a couple bucks to show you have a lower price then when something happens to go wrong your on your own? Or the hobby shop that is a department store with no spare parts? And if they have the parts will they try and help you get you truck fixed?
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Old 03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by Bob Jablonski
The dealer can make a lot of difference. Is it an eBay deal, sell the item make a couple bucks to show you have a lower price then when something happens to go wrong your on your own? Or the hobby shop that is a department store with no spare parts? And if they have the parts will they try and help you get you truck fixed?
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
Agreed, the dealer makes a huge difference! Anyone buying off e bay is pretty much on their own for the most part.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my redcats off eBay. Only thing I had go wrong was servos. And I broke a drive shaft too simple enough.
"Have respect for what u have and it will do u well" -my dad to little me when I was like 5
Old 03-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Bob Jablonski

I didn't mean to slam all eBay folks (but I've seen a few that needs to be slammed). I carry most of the weak point parts so if it go's out we can help you get back to playing sooner. Great planes distributing also started a hobby shop program.
Some one brings in a product under warranty. The hobby shop fixes it. And GP will reimberse the hobby shop. Red cat also has a setup simaler to that. Also if you break say a servo saver for example. If you pay the difference I will hook you up with an aluminum one if you like.
Mr. Bob
County line Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by AzimSumar
I have owned 3 RedCats. Not one of them has run longer than 10 mins without breaking or having an issue. My traxxas' are bullet proof!
I sent two of them to Redcat for service and they came back and ran for 10 mins and had problems again.
If you had so many alleged problems with 'all' your Redcats, why did you continue buying them and land up with 3? .... "I'm just saying!"

Last edited by Stryker48; 03-11-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:13 AM
Stryker48

"collector1231" ... You really do like to talk a lot of trash for someone who INSISTS on comparing Recat to Team Associated, Ofna etc. What planet are you from?? ..."Uranus" by any chance?

Sorry to say!, the mere fact that you are comparing Redcat with all these high end manufacturers, only shows and proves to me, your blatant IGNORANCE!

NOBODY has EVER said that Redcats are as good as the manufacturers you so like to promote and mention. They (Redcat) certainly don't profess to be the same quality or the same market.
You really need to be a "little" more realistic and "Stop comparing Apples with jewel encrusted Faberge eggs" ..... if you must compare, .... compare apples with apples! - GET REAL!!!

To prove a point, you wouldn't exactly compare a cheap low end "Acer windows laptop" to a much more expensive high end "Apple macbook pro" now would you?... MY POINT EXACTLY!

Redcat = Low price point entry level Hobby grade for the casual bashing market
Team Associated, Ofna etc = High end, high price point, hobby grade, race competitive models, more for the competition market.

It DOESN'T take a genius to figure out, these are not in ANY WAY comparable! .... (nor should they be!)

BTW FYI, tempered metal upgrades ARE available as inexpensive upgrades, if that's your choice.

As for the electronics .... over and above their (Redcat) 90 day electronics warrantee Redcat has a LIFETIME (1/2 price replacement cost) on ALL electronics after 90 warranty expires. .... "Put that in your bong and take a hit ... and let that sink in for a moment."

"Granted, you may beat me to the finish line with your expensive 'competition ready' HPI, Losi, Team Associated or even possibly an overpriced Traxxas, ... however you will be left left way behind, ... choking in my dust, ... when it comes to beating me to the bank with my Redcat Hurricane XTE " .....regardless what you may perceive. - "I'm just saying!"

Blatantly bashing/trashing a brand as a whole like you have done from 'one alleged personal experience', with such broad accusations and comparing Recat to high end brands, makes you nothing more than an ignorant "trash-talker" ... (fear not!, ... you're in 'good company' as there are MANY of those around .... unfortunately! )

Redcat has some decent models in their lineup for the price among a few not so good ones, not unlike other well branded manufacturers out there.

"Keep rolling your eyes ..... with a little luck, you might find a brain back there"

Last edited by Stryker48; 03-11-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:26 AM
crazyhorse_001

I love my redcat tornado epx pro. Yes its been a bit of a diva, but i stayed with it, and now have a rig that will run with, and bash with any rtr on the market. To its credit, i havent broken ANY parts yet, nor have i had any issues that werent MY fault.

Would i reccommend Redcat to a friend? Absolutely. If you wanna start in R/C on a limited budget, and get a feel for working on your own rig, Redcat is the ticket. They dont really have more issues than the "big" names, its just the parts availability makes the ones they do have feel worse.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyhorse_001
I love my redcat tornado epx pro. Yes its been a bit of a diva, but i stayed with it, and now have a rig that will run with, and bash with any rtr on the market. To its credit, i havent broken ANY parts yet, nor have i had any issues that werent MY fault.

Would i reccommend Redcat to a friend? Absolutely. If you wanna start in R/C on a limited budget, and get a feel for working on your own rig, Redcat is the ticket. They dont really have more issues than the "big" names, its just the parts availability makes the ones they do have feel worse.
well, that and sometimes bad dealers. Some dealers sell the stuff, but wont back up the brand. You would have a harder time finding a traxxas or team associated dealer who wasn't willing to back up the brand. there are some top notch redcat dealers out there, and then there are some guys you shouldn't even buy a sandwich from...lol
Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Stryker48

I love my Redcat Hurricane XTE as well and have had no issues so far. It suits my light casual bashing purposes perfectly and have no regrets, especially for the price I paid in Canada.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Loverman123

Hey, this is for anyone out there. My engine in my earthquake 3.5 needs replacing soon, i was thinking about upgrading to .28 engine for more power, it has a .21os in it right now. would upgrading it even be possible, if so would i have to make any major changes, all opinions are welcome.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Bob Jablonski

I'm not sure about bumping up the power that much with the stock drivetrane. Like a real car put a turbo on a Toyota then the gearbox and transaxles would have to be upgraded to handle that extra power. It would be fun though

Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
584-540-1123
[email protected]
Old 03-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Stryker48

I have to agree!

Besides, upgrading "these types of entry level RTR" buggies to gain a little more power IMHO is not worth the money, the effort or the risk, as they will never be competitive and more than likely, .... do much more harm than good. (I don't see the point!)

Most of these buggies are already overpowered for the general quality of the components used in them and already under maximum stress out of the box as it is.

Upgrading, puts LOTS of NEW stresses on the car, for which it was NOT designed for, ... which will only lead to MORE & likely much worse problems.

Personally, I don't 'get' the need for raw power & max top speed as it's not the fastest car that wins races,..... it's the drivers skill and consistency that does (Drag racing aside!)

(if we spent a 'little more time' on our actual driving skills, consistency and car/buggy setup & tuning, ... instead of "upgrades, bling & hop-ups",.. we would all become much better and more proficient all round drivers.) ... and for those who "think they already drive well enough" ...... I rest my case!... (you can't be helped as you 'think you know everything!') - "L"

I love my Redcat Hurricane, however I know it's limitations and IMHO, it's NOT a good investment to upgrade, except perhaps for a faster steering servo, and of course better quality batteries and tires. (these minor upgrades WILL improve the performance & handling of the buggy WITHOUT causing more harm and without breaking the bank.)

These are pretty decent buggies for casual light bashing and the brushless versions out of the box can reach respectable speeds of around 70km/h (45mph) out of the box.

If one's requirements and expectations are any more than that ....... these are definitely NOT the right cars/buggies for you. You'd be better advised to look elsewhere!

IMHO, anyone looking to compete, shouldn't be looking at ANY RTR vehicle, regardless of manufacturer, as NONE of them will be competitive.

To be competitive, you will be looking at spending in the region of around $2000+ for a race ready setup and paraphernalia that goes with it. Keeping in mind the exorbitant running and maintenance costs as well as club and race fees. (not a cheap hobby!)

It doesn't matter what you drive or what your car/buggy costs, things can and do break and repairs and ongoing maintenance is a big part of the RC car hobby.

We 'forget' that we push our cars and buggies to scale speeds in excess of 400mph - 600mph (no car does that!) and high jumps the equivalent of 50 to 80feet (no car can do than either) ...... and we complain about the buggies 'durability', when we break an A-Arm or bend a dog bone lol

My 2 cents worth!

Last edited by Stryker48; 03-20-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:59 PM
bigearl1369

Exceed, redcat racing, hsp whatever label you buy it under are decent cars and trucks for the price. I bought my HSP XSTR ( redcat racing tornado exp pro ) planning on a bunch of upgrades like aluminum chassis control arms steering links shocks and towers. I beat the hell out of my buggy speed runs skate parks dirt grass street it takes it like a champ. No complaints from me if you ain't breaking it you ain't driving it is how I look at it. I also have a remo hobby 9 emu here on American soil which is a traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate that I bash with also I beat it pretty good too. Key word here is HOBBY! Do your research before you buy buy what you can afford to run and for god sake learn to service your own cars and trucks that's part of the fun of the hobby. What would you have done back when tamiya and rc10 were the hot ticket. They were far from RTR out of the box I miss those days you worked for your enjoyment back in the 80's. Just sayin

p.s. Not bashing on anyone's post just sharing my opinion

Last edited by bigearl1369; 04-04-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Stryker48
"collector1231" ... You really do like to talk a lot of trash for someone who INSISTS on comparing Recat to Team Associated, Ofna etc. What planet are you from?? ..."Uranus" by any chance?

Sorry to say!, the mere fact that you are comparing Redcat with all these high end manufacturers, only shows and proves to me, your blatant IGNORANCE!

NOBODY has EVER said that Redcats are as good as the manufacturers you so like to promote and mention. They (Redcat) certainly don't profess to be the same quality or the same market.
You really need to be a "little" more realistic and "Stop comparing Apples with jewel encrusted Faberge eggs" ..... if you must compare, .... compare apples with apples! - GET REAL!!!

To prove a point, you wouldn't exactly compare a cheap low end "Acer windows laptop" to a much more expensive high end "Apple macbook pro" now would you?... MY POINT EXACTLY!

Redcat = Low price point entry level Hobby grade for the casual bashing market
Team Associated, Ofna etc = High end, high price point, hobby grade, race competitive models, more for the competition market.

It DOESN'T take a genius to figure out, these are not in ANY WAY comparable! .... (nor should they be!)

BTW FYI, tempered metal upgrades ARE available as inexpensive upgrades, if that's your choice.

As for the electronics .... over and above their (Redcat) 90 day electronics warrantee Redcat has a LIFETIME (1/2 price replacement cost) on ALL electronics after 90 warranty expires. .... "Put that in your bong and take a hit ... and let that sink in for a moment."

"Granted, you may beat me to the finish line with your expensive 'competition ready' HPI, Losi, Team Associated or even possibly an overpriced Traxxas, ... however you will be left left way behind, ... choking in my dust, ... when it comes to beating me to the bank with my Redcat Hurricane XTE " .....regardless what you may perceive. - "I'm just saying!"

Blatantly bashing/trashing a brand as a whole like you have done from 'one alleged personal experience', with such broad accusations and comparing Recat to high end brands, makes you nothing more than an ignorant "trash-talker" ... (fear not!, ... you're in 'good company' as there are MANY of those around .... unfortunately! )

Redcat has some decent models in their lineup for the price among a few not so good ones, not unlike other well branded manufacturers out there.

"Keep rolling your eyes ..... with a little luck, you might find a brain back there"
Well this was pretty condescending and rude. Time for the response....

/rant begin

High end? PSSTCHHAWPSHTCHKEK! They are NOWHERE near "high end" RC. High end RC is brands like Xray, Hot Bodies, and Kyosho. HPI, Associated, and OFNA all have their basher offerings. Its not ignorance I have; its sense. Buy cheap, get cheap and crap in the end.

I would much rather fork over the money for a car that won't break every 10 seconds like a Redcat does. I have owned my fair share of Exceed, Redcat, HSP, and all those other cheap-o brands. Every SINGLE ONE OF THEM is broken and sitting in a box. My name brand trucks however, still work fine and get less attention than the cheaper ones do.

Yes I would compare them. Why? Macs are junk. Overpriced pieces of junk. Macs are only for making you look good, as is all other Apple products.

OFNA IS NOT HIGH END!! It is durable, basher-quality material, even though I race mine. It isn't expensive either. You can pick up OFNA rollers anywhere from 159 to 499 and it will always be QUALITY and good.

Yes, UPGRADES you need to buy separately. Other brands actually put good parts on their trucks the first way around, not later.

So what? They offer a warranty. Whatever. They just don't want to lose your business because they KNOW their cars are CRAP. They are in it for the money, not to be a good brand. Buy cheap, you get cheap.

/rant end.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:53 PM
bigearl1369

This is as bad as the ford, chevy, dodge argument makes me sorry I even posted in this thread just get along do your research buy within your budget it's your choice. If you buy without researching it then that's your bad suck it up and move on.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 AM
mike1974

I've been in the RC hobby for 27 years. I have helis, planes and quads of all kinds. I have always wanted a car, but never into it enough to spend a lot of money on one. My son is 7 and has been wanting a car. I was up at Lantz's Hobby shop (thanks guys!!!) and noticed the Redcats were on sale. I bought a Blackout XTE Pro for 199.99. I am very happy with it. It has held up well and has been somewhat abused. The only time I have had to replace parts is when my friend decided to drive it at 20+ mph head on into a picnic table. I was not happy. lol. Cracked the body, broke the A-arm and partially pulled the 3 screws out of the bottom of the front bumper. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was dusted. 15.00 worth of parts shipped + a body and we were back in business.

Now we run with the broken body and my son uses the new body to display it. None of that was redcats fault and I am amazed at how little damage was done. It hit really, really, really hard!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to take away from anyone elses post; just giving my personal experience. I also called Redcat asking a couple questions and Nathan was more than helpful and answered my questions. So no customer service issues for me thus far. I also realize I bought a 200.00 car and not a 1000.00 car and don't beat the crap out of it. My son tries not to, but he is still learning. lol. I am very happy with my Blackout XTE Pro and I am actually amazed at how fast and durable it is for a 200.00 RTR.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by mike1974
I've been in the RC hobby for 27 years. I have helis, planes and quads of all kinds. I have always wanted a car, but never into it enough to spend a lot of money on one. My son is 7 and has been wanting a car. I was up at Lantz's Hobby shop (thanks guys!!!) and noticed the Redcats were on sale. I bought a Blackout XTE Pro for 199.99. I am very happy with it. It has held up well and has been somewhat abused. The only time I have had to replace parts is when my friend decided to drive it at 20+ mph head on into a picnic table. I was not happy. lol. Cracked the body, broke the A-arm and partially pulled the 3 screws out of the bottom of the front bumper. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was dusted. 15.00 worth of parts shipped + a body and we were back in business.

Now we run with the broken body and my son uses the new body to display it. None of that was redcats fault and I am amazed at how little damage was done. It hit really, really, really hard!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to take away from anyone elses post; just giving my personal experience. I also called Redcat asking a couple questions and Nathan was more than helpful and answered my questions. So no customer service issues for me thus far. I also realize I bought a 200.00 car and not a 1000.00 car and don't beat the crap out of it. My son tries not to, but he is still learning. lol. I am very happy with my Blackout XTE Pro and I am actually amazed at how fast and durable it is for a 200.00 RTR.
Glad to hear you are another happy Redcat customer as I am. I've had nothing but excellent service from my Redcat dealer and have had zero problems with my buggy so far. For the price I paid, I cannot find fault.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 AM
mike1974

Originally Posted by Stryker48
Glad to hear you are another happy Redcat customer as I am. I've had nothing but excellent service from my Redcat dealer and have had zero problems with my buggy so far. For the price I paid, I cannot find fault.
That's exactly right!!! For the price we paid. I think I potentially got more fun/bang for the buck out of my 200.00 4x4 brushless then I would out of a 500-1000 car. But I am also not racing, jumping over houses, etc. lol.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by mike1974
That's exactly right!!! For the price we paid. I think I potentially got more fun/bang for the buck out of my 200.00 4x4 brushless then I would out of a 500-1000 car. But I am also not racing, jumping over houses, etc. lol.
Same here
Old 04-08-2015, 11:15 AM
bigearl1369

I agree I bought mine under HSP xstr 4x4 for $100.00 at frys electronics. I'm into way more then that now ,but still very pleased with it. I beat the hell out of it skate parks , speed runs on the street, general bashing. I put a hobbywing brushless system in with 23/59 gearing it does wheelies. My daughter full throttled it into the curb at around 45 mph!!! Cracked the rims and bent the dog bones. But I keep spares aluminum chassis is still straight. All in all good buggy for the money. It's totally up graded and still comes in $ wise less then my remo hobby 9emu (traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate ) and is faster with a smaller motor thumbs up for redcat racing!!!!! Great starter car for anyone trying to get in the hobby IMHO.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by bigearl1369
I agree I bought mine under HSP xstr 4x4 for $100.00 at frys electronics. I'm into way more then that now ,but still very pleased with it. I beat the hell out of it skate parks , speed runs on the street, general bashing. I put a hobbywing brushless system in with 23/59 gearing it does wheelies. My daughter full throttled it into the curb at around 45 mph!!! Cracked the rims and bent the dog bones. But I keep spares aluminum chassis is still straight. All in all good buggy for the money. It's totally up graded and still comes in $ wise less then my remo hobby 9emu (traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate ) and is faster with a smaller motor thumbs up for redcat racing!!!!! Great starter car for anyone trying to get in the hobby IMHO.
Glad to hear you had a good experience with Redcat also. All of these rebrands of HSP models, including HSP have gotten a bad rap when they 1st. appeared on the market and the quality was definitely questionable and they haven't recovered from the initial bad reviews, leaving a stigma. Having said that, there has been a marked improvement, especially in recent years on the quality of the components, through almost all of the Rebrands, including Exceed.
Companies wouldn't be able to survive or gain market share if they continually sold bad products without improving on them.
It's unfortunate that most people still (may I say unfairly) compare these types of entry level cars with high end race competitive models.

Last edited by Stryker48; 04-08-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.