Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Redcat Monsoon XTE/ bigger Cell lipo?

Hi,
    I was wondering if the ESC on the monsoon can handle 2 3s lipos? The stock ESC that comes with it is Brushless ESC 80ABattery

And the lipos that come with it is Qty. 2 - 7.4v 3600mAh 20c LIPO & Charger Included.
    I recently purchased 2 2c 5000mah 35c lipos and didnt see much of a change speed wise.

Any help would be great.

Thanks and aloha

I'd like to point out that on the side of the ESC it does say 2 4s lipos. I'm just kinda confused in which that means. Does it mean a total of 4s lipo? or 2 4s lipos?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7055.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	1986650

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I dont know of any esc that can handle 8s, I would assume it meant 4s.
    U could get 2 2s lipos with a high mah like 5000mah and a high discharge rate(C rating)
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Thanks for the reply zack. I do have a 2s 5000mah 35c lipo. I was hoping I could upgrade that to 2 3s lipos. The guy at the hobby shop told me at first it could handle it but a few moments later he opted out and told me to get the 2s. Has anybody tryed 3s on this ESC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If ur running dual 2s its the same as one 4s to going to just a 3s would make it slower.
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho

That esc cannot handle 2x 3s lipo batteries.

Thanks redcat james. Thats the answer I was looking for. I guess i'll have to upgrade the C grade of the lipo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Y not up grade ur esc and motor?
    Id u already have batteries and are wanting to go faster u could just change the motor based off what the esc can handle. U can play with the pinion and spur in order to go faster too.

Zack,
    How would I find out what kind of motor the ESC can handle? Could I get a 4000KV motor? How would I go about finding that out?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There should be specs about the esc that will show what it can handle.
    My sc8 esc can handle up to 4000kv(i belive) but only at 2s and 3000kv at 3s and under 3000kv at 4s.
    So u need to find out what the esc can handle and not overload it.
    Maybe check redcats site? Write them an email if u must.