My Tornado s30 Advice
I am new to the rc world and forums but have ran at least a half a gallon through my s30 so I thought I would give some advice for any new people or lurkers out there. These are just a few minor issues I had. This may help with people wanting to stock up on extra parts as well. I love my Tornado s30 and would recommend it to anyone.
Make sure ALL joint cups (A, B. and C) are secure with blue locktite. I had joint cup C come off along with the dog bone during a speed run. Please take the time to locktite these grub screws.
The front shock towers bend kind of easy. I bought an after market aluminum billet tower for $4.50 on eBay and received it in 5 business days. Another issue I had was the front shock caps kept getting scrapped up from the asphalt. I followed the advise of others on here and lowered the top screw (of the tower).
I would stock up on these extra parts from the start:
1. Spur gear part number 06032 (47T) ($3.95 shipped from Lusopc on eBay, USA)
2. Spur gear part number 06033 (42T) ($3.98 shipped from Lusopc on eBay USA)
3. 10x HSP Super Glow Plug #3 (what I use) part number 70117 ($35.72 from axeprice). This person is from China but I have ordered over a dozen items and receive them in 7-8 days no longer than 13 days (I am in the states).
4. M4 X4MM grub screws part number 02099 ($4.75 shipped from little*oak on eBay, USA)
5. Differential Transmission Housing part number 02006. ($3.51 shipped from angelwupp on eBay in China). I needed this part because for some reason I used my brakes way to hard and it melted the plastic casing. You could also get the aluminum version part #122025 for $7 from China.
6. 12 pcs E-clips part #02037 $1.38 shipped from excellbay on eBay in China.
7. Part number 122049 nylon nut m4. $3.20 shipped from comelili on eBay in China (fast shipping). You will need extra nylon nuts as the nylon wears off the more you take the wheels off. You can also use the traxxas ones as the are a direct fit. Just as your LHS for the 4mm nylon nuts.
If you use locktite you probably won't need spare drive cups or dog bones. Hope this helps. Please don't get discouraged like I first did. The parts are super cheap and easy to fix. The only problems I have had with mine have been my fault. This is my first RC car ever and it's a nitro. Absolutely love it! Hopes this helps someone.