Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Valcano EXP servo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 02:29 PM
besis1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Valcano EXP servo Upgrade

So I stripped out the gears on 3kg hexfly, the only upgrade they say is the 6kg. I just upgraded the to the aluminum servo saver and that is what I believe killed it. I did loosen the nut and screws on it. Hexfly had a 15kg but says it's doesn't fit my vehicle, has anybody tried or is other brands that fit? Or is the 6kg strong enough?

Last edited by besis1979; 05-31-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:39 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd go above and beyond what any of those Hexfly servos sell for. Most standard size servos should fit your Volcano EPX.
I like JX servos a lot. The middle range/line of JX servos usually have gear sets that you can purchase in the event the gears get stripped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JX-DC-5821L...gAAOSwcENdFRN3
Old 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM
besis1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, ill have to look into them, i bought the hexfly 15kg and it is a great improvement to stock one, hopefully i wont need the JX (cross fingers) we shall see.