Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Shockwave problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
chad1209

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave problem

I have a shockwave that I broke in the way the manual said to, it run great for a day after I tuned it. We flipped it once and hit a small bush no damage but when it shut off it would not start until it completly cooled. Now we can run it until it gets hot and it slows down and will barely make it back to you. Let it cool start it up again and same thing happens whether you top off the fuel or not, but when it does that if I pick it up for a min or to and let it run in the air then set it back down it runs great for another min or two. What could be the cause of this problem? I did change to a hot plug when it all started could this be the problem?

Last edited by chad1209; 06-08-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Redcat James

If the car is on the ground and you slowly pull the pull start, does the car stay on the ground or pick up with the pull cord?
Old 06-13-2014, 05:23 PM
chad1209

It picks up unless I hold it down
Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Redcat James

Maybe the engine is overheating. Try richening it up.