Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Backdraft 3.5 tranny

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:57 PM
breadmantripp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backdraft 3.5 tranny

I have the toughest time getting the transmission to shift into 2nd, can't get it to do it. 1st n the video's it says there are 2 screws located inside the tranny when in fact there is only 1. Second no matter which way I adjust the screw it is all the same, no shifting. 3rd I replaced the 1st tranny with a new 1 and still no shift. I have recently purchases the actual gear that does the sifting, prob goin to install that but I have serious doubts it will do a thing. And lastly, it's not a tuning prob.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Shady9503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gear that controls the shifting, the clutch, does infact have two screws on it, one holds it onto the transmission shaft, the other decides the shift point, it is only a grub screw and might have come out while driving, if it did the spring probably did too, but check your new clutch and loctite that little grubscrew or you WILL lose it, happened to me aswell