Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Volcano metal motor gear

So my volcano went kaput when the motor gear just spun on the differential main gear. I ordered the 11184 diff main gear (metal). I got that installed fine. It has the same number of teeth and is the same size as the original 11164 diff main gear. My problem now is that it still does not work. I ordered the 11181 motor gear (metal 21 teeth) but I can not get it to fit. It is significantly larger than the 11119 (17T) that it originally came with. Was I supposed to buy something else to make this all fit? The 03007 motor mount that is original does not seem to have an upgrade, but I don't see how I can get the 11184 and 11181 in at the same time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Buy the way, I mangled it a bit, how is one supposed to get that "c" ring off to get to the diff main gear?

Thank you!

So you're saying the motor won't slide out far enough to install the larger gear?

Thank you for your reply. I did manage to get it to go over far enough. Just barely (but I suppose that is as designed).