Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Steering Fix For Redacat Maybe

Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
nycicles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Fix For Redacat Maybe

So i bought my Earthquake 3.5 about a month ago. First NITRO RC ever and I am a noob but like taking things apart and so on. Electric is for women in my humble opinion!!! Yes i have had problems so far but hey, if your not gonna fix things then this isnt for you. I did an upgrade maybe and wanted to know what everybody thought about it. I had a problem with screws coming loose and falling off for the steering linkage. I thought of an idea and bought longer M3 scews with washers and used lock nuts. I have installed it today and have all the clearance so nothing is rubbing. Seems to be working really great so far. I even used the same method on the arms that connect to the steering link. I bought all the hardware at Home Depot for like $2.00. I bought a new steering servo saver but tried it on the old one first just incase i break it. I have attached a few pics and would just like your thoughts.I hope this is a fix to my problem and hopefully others.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140805_171920 (1).jpg
Views:	375
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	2020435   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140805_174414.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	4.85 MB
ID:	2020436   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140806_002045.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	2020438  
Old 08-14-2014, 12:20 PM
ijpom

With the hardened M3 socket head screws and the ny-lock nuts, that is never going to pull out or vibrate loose! Was it constructed only with self-tapping screws into plastic from the factory?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:39 AM
Redcat James

Did you use shoulder screws, do you have a picture of them? Yes they come from the factory threaded into plastic
Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 PM
FatNinja

3m screws leave slack in steering link, use 6-32 button head screws with nylon lock jam nuts for clearance. Also there are other clearance issues from linkage to servo saver, and on the servo horn, all of which can be fixed. But in the end you will have steering that will not come loose.