Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

help...totally lost new redcat owner

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

help...totally lost new redcat owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
freekshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help...totally lost new redcat owner

New to the rc hobby so be gentle :-)

Just received my 1/5 scale redcat rampage xb today. Opened it up and am appaled that they do not come with any manuals other than the exploded engine view manual !!! Its more like a parts catalog than a manual. I have a couple questions please as I cannot find a manual anywhere . I downloaded the one off the redcat site but that is more like a parts manual too. I need something that shows me how to set up the radio and charge the receiver battery. I plugged the receiver battery to the wall outlet plug and the red light comes on the wall outlet charger, but how long does it take to charge and how do I know when it is fully charged ??? Does the light on the charger turn green ? How long should it take to charge ? Love the rampage but disappointed for the lack of manuals and info that comes with the ready to run kit. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and thanks also for any help .... I went through redcats support page and faq page with no help found....am I the only newbie to the game that doesnt know the basics LOL

Last edited by freekshow; 08-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll will learn in time. No worries.

It will probably take maybe 6hrs? Its going to be a dinky trickle charger and probably a 1200mah(maybe) batt.
That's weird that there doesn't seem to be a manual to it.
Binding should be something like putting the bind plug into the spot that says bind or the 1st or 2nd channel shouldn't matter which one. Them press the bind button, plug in a servo and try it to see if it has worked. My tornado came already binded.
Any other ?'s I will try to help. There's a guy on here named redcat james that runs around here he seems knowledgeable about red cat rigs.