Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Redcat elec start - ruined my week old volcano s30

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat elec start - ruined my week old volcano s30

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Detrailers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat elec start - ruined my week old volcano s30

I wish I never...bought the backing plate for my engine and drill wand. What a nightmare. Had to remove the engine to install the b plate. That is where the probs started. Once I had the b plate on tried to start with 4 of my high qual drills. Wouldnt start. Found out the drills dont spin it fast enough. Went back to pull start and it has never ran right since. The pull starter came apart and I had to rewind it. Now difficulty starting and keeping it running. Noticed air bubbles in the fuel line. Just broke the pull start cord because ive been trying to start it so much. Wish I never tried this. Spent all day trying to reset the carb settings...Ive given up. Now what, can I send it back to RCR for repairs....new starter, carb readjust etc? Or did I turn it into a parts car. This sucks....1 week old...
Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 AM
ijpom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Detrailers.
Sorry to hear about your car.
Just put on a drill start myself, with an almost broken-in engine in my Hurricane. I have a very low end drill (Harbor Freight special) and it does start fine with slow speed.
Since I only know the basics, I'll mention the ones that come to mind for your situation:
Did you check your rotation of the drill, must be counter-clockwise for the drill start to turn engine over.
My fancy new glow starter failed second time of use too, so I had pull the glow plug and test plug/igniter.
Air bubbles in line = no start for me. Return all fuel to tank (I blow from carb line backward). Then blow from exhaust line forward until primed.
Hope that helps.