Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Valcano epx pro ezruns10 esc problems help please.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Valcano epx pro ezruns10 esc problems help please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Twistedteddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valcano epx pro ezruns10 esc problems help please.

I posted about this in a different forum on this website but figured ide try again here. For some reason all of a sudden my truck wont drive the battery is a 7.4v 3800mah charged to 8.4v. When I give it throttle it stutters BAD! Then dies. I can slowly get up to speed but it still eventually quits. And when I turn the tx off first the truck will jump foward! Not to mention the motor heats up alot. The pinion gear I have is 21t but everything was working fine... then all of a sudden this. I tried turning off the lvc and nuthin. I even checked the "punch" and its only on lv3? What the hell?! Can someone please help... im getting frustrated. ..
Old 09-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Twistedteddy

I have no I dea what happened. It was working fine for a while.. now when u plug in the battery the esc smokes and catches fire.... im done with this overpriced Chinese ****...
Old 09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Redcat James

It sounds like your vehicle was cogging and when you continued to try and drive it it made the esc and motor very hot until it blew up. Normally the cause for that is a bad esc but now your motor may be bad also. If you vehicle is less than 90 days old the Redcat warranty should still cover it.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Twistedteddy

Thats the thing it started all of a sudden. It didnt progress.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:33 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistedteddy
Thats the thing it started all of a sudden. It didnt progress.
when electronics go...they usually go fast. Ive had a ezrun, a traxxas vxl, a team associated brushless and several brushed ESCs go up in smoke...usually out of no where.
Your esc was already on the way to fire when you had that cogging issue. There was an internal short causing it...which in turn caused enough heat to fry the thing. It doesn't take much once a esc starts to go....usually less than a minute of runtime where it is having trouble, before it quits for good.
I actually like the ezrun ESCs more than some other more expensive ones. My success rate (or life of the esc) is just as high with ezrun as is with a vxl or sc450 or even sc700 (AE)
But no matter the brand, it always sucks when it happens, the fun stops and the wallet takes a hit.

If it helps, I saw on ebay not long ago team associated SC700 speed controls NEW for $55 shipped. The only issue may be that the redcat's motor plugs may be larger than the motor plugs on the sc700. But otherwise, it would power the volcano just fine.