Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

redcat lightning exp pro with upgrades....spins out when accelerating

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat lightning exp pro with upgrades....spins out when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 PM
ssbsh21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat lightning exp pro with upgrades....spins out when accelerating

Im somewhat new to the rc area and I recently got a couple redcat lightning exp pro's. The one is extremely modified and hopped up and goes about 60+mph but I am having trouble with it spinning out when I accelerate. I have checked the steering and everything seems ok there, it operates perfectly fine except when accelerating. It acts like it takes off so fast that it can keep control and just spins out. I have no clue where to start with this problem or how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a 4x4 isn't it?
I had a tornado s30 and had a similar problem, what happened was that the front drive shaft had twisted one end off. So it was just rwd and had too much power going to the rear and made it spin.
If the drive line seems fine then ur punch control could probably too high making it spin the rear tires with out giving a chance to really start moving.
The following users liked this post:
RCRFan29 (06-19-2020)
Old 09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as mentioned the 4wd may not be working right. if just 1 dogbone is damaged or missing than that diff will "diff out" meaning none of the power will go to the other wheel of that diff....thus you will either be rwd or fwd, depending on which dogbone is missing.

another thing....ive had a working lighting pro and run it on 3s. throttle control is needed....punching the throttle off the line is simply more power than the wheels can handle. they can only provide soo much traction. so if all 4 are struggling for traction and 1 tire finds more than the other then it will cause the car to turn....giving you a spinout.

another thing you could try is changing the toe. if your front tires are toe in then that will make steering twitchy. it helps with "turn in" or changing direction, but too much toe in makes it twitchy. since you say it drives fine otherwise this may not be the issue, however putting toe in on the rear can help with straight line acceleration. Having any of the wheels having a differ toe setting or even different camber setting than the others (on the same end) can make the car act funny.

You can also try changing the ESC settings. most esc's have "punch control" which ramps up the throttle even if your finger hammers the trigger.

the steering system's servo saver could be a bit loose. this is the spring loaded shaft that is part of the bell crank. it has a threaded collar at the top that puts pressure on a spring. this spring's pressure can be overcome if you hit a curb or something...letting the wheels turn left when you are telling the car to turn right. this protects the servo from stripping its gears. but if the pressure on the spring is loose, it will cause play in the steering system. turn your car on, center the steering wheel and try to turn the wheels by hand. some play is normal. but if you can wiggle the wheels more than 3-4mm then you may have extra play.

throttle control, punch control and putting some toe-in on the rear wheels are your best bets.
The following users liked this post:
RCRFan29 (06-19-2020)