Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano s30

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:49 PM
jimbevins32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano s30

Hello I ordered a s30 for christmas to give to my son. Before letting him take control I fueled it up to do the break in. It only has front wheel drive. This is obvious becuse it just spins and will hardly move. Upon inspection the drive shaft looks like it turns when i move the front wheels but does nothing when i move the rear wheels. What should I do? There is not even a 1/16 of a tank ran thru it. And most of that was at idle while installing the body. Thanks James
Old 12-28-2014, 08:53 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sire the set screw for the rear drive shaft didn't fly ou. I've lost about 5 of those set screws. If one is gone then u have no power going to the front/rear. It could be the drive cup coming from the tranny or the one to the diff. Check and make sure there are set/grub screws in the drive cups. If there is then make sure they are tight all the way.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
abandroid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the same problem. Check all your grub screws. Sounds like your front wheel drive cups are loose. This happen to me on both my Volcano S30 after a couple of tanks. Take the time and remove your gearbox, front and rear assembly and locktite your grubs screws on all your drive cups.