Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BEYOND DISAPPOINTED with my Redcat Blackout XTE

REDCAT and I have resolved this issue.
    Last edited by SWFLnavigation; 03-05-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: issue resolved

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey Redcat, step up and do the right thing... the right thing is replacing my sons train wreck that I'm stuck with. My dealer and other dealers are watching to see if you learned from doing things the wrong way. You guys won't help my dealer and you won't help my son.. prove me wrong

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Really sorry to hear this. This, sadly, seems to be the most common story with Redcats. If you want a good vehicle, stick with big brands like OFNA, HPI, Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi. If your son is 100% set on a monster truck, the LC Racing EMB-MT is a good truck. Atomik tests all of their products before listing them and only lists products they feel that will make the consumer happy. Not to mention, it is $139 RTR with a NiMH battery and wall charger.

Truck; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...ster-truck-rtr
    Battery; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-with-uni-plug
    Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...attery-charger

Only problem I see, is you'd need to solder on a Deans, EC3, or Traxxas connector onto the truck's ESC. You seem to sound like you know what you're doing, so I think you will. Lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wow that sucks. Redcat gets a bad rep and I normally chime in and say something bcuz redcat was my first cars and they did me well.
    But holy ****, that should he worthy of at least a replacement vehicle and then find out who was in charge of QC that day and make them repair that car over and over until they can do it right. Wow.
    A body pin in the drive line, total bull****.

Sorry man, hopfully someone from redcat sees this and decides to send it up the chain of command for u.
    Axial poison spyder wraith, axial exo terra, team associated B5M, 13 xmods
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    As for the body pin, my dealer called and was told that " Redcat would never ask a customer to do that " but even in the email from Redcat

-Cody actually asked me about the situation regarding the pin coming out of the center driveshaft. Since we are out of stock on them, I had him mention to cut a body clip to fabricate a makeshift pin, which would serve as a fix until we got the replacement driveshafts back in stock. It's very confusing to me how you consider that "piss poor customer service", when we offer advice to keep your vehicle running for the time being until parts come back in stock. All other customers welcome the temporary solution which allows them to keep driving their trucks.

Again, not sure what you mean by the lack of customer service you've received. If your only goal is to be refunded or to exchange the vehicle, then I can see why you would be upset when we tell you that we won't do that. We help customers get their current vehicles up and running through what we cover under warranty, and offer advice and/or help when they need to repair their vehicles on their own.

If you were jumping, flipping, and crashing your Chevy (even one with an off-road package) and parts broke even though you didn't think they 'should' have, this would not be considered a lemon. R/C vehicles are user-serviceable, so when something goes wrong that we determine to be a defect, we will replace the part individually. Replacing the entire vehicle may seem necessary to you, but that is not something we do.

-I'm sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, aside from replacing the vehicle or getting you your money back, it doesn't sound like you can be satisfied. We will always stand by the 90 day warranty on our electronics, and anything broken during shipping. However, we will need more proof from you of the items you say are defected before we can help you any further with the parts that we don't usually cover under warranty.

-I apologize if you feel you've been talked down to, that is never our goal. We only want to help you get your vehicle back up and running properly. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we help countless customers with their problems each day and get lots of praise. I'm open to suggestions if you feel that we weren't very helpful, aside from just giving you a refund or a new vehicle.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
    Thanks,
    Billy Fischer
    Redcat Racing
    Customer Service Manager

So I've made it clear that nearly EVERY dam thing on this vehicle was completely loose... the drive shaft broke because the set screw doesn't have enough surface area to get a grip the flat area of the drive, broken shock that leaks, bad battery charger, bad battery cells and now his motor wasn't driving the read wheels (drive shaft removed).. the motor was loose and it ground down the ring in pinion.. EVERYTHING that can go wrong on this car has GONE WRONG... and even with all of this.. they don't offer a refund?? Come on guys. this car i bought was crap and this proves it.. your customer service is like talking to an IT dept that thinks everyone is an idiot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4623.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	966.5 KB 
ID:	2064166

Name:	IMG_4628_2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	2064167

Name:	IMG_4629.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	2064168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4625_2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	2064169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4627.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	2064170

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That spur looks out of round and the pinion looks worn down too.
    I work in sales and if I talked like that to a customer I would get fired
    Axial poison spyder wraith, axial exo terra, team associated B5M, 13 xmods
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Fortunately I havent had near as many issues, however, like you I noted the assembly quality left some things to be desired (namely, loose screws, no loctite on things that should have it, etc). I went through every joint, screw, body piece, and suspension piece on mine when I got to check and correct these things. I hate to say it, but I pretty much expected these things, I mean, I bought a $180 buggy with the features of one twice as expensive from any major brand, I knew there were going to be corners cut somewhere. I didnt really mind as I planned to upgrade alot of things, and enjoy tuning, wrenching, and tweaking as much as I do driving lol. Many of the things you mentioned though are completely unaccepatable (bad charger, battery, parts broken, etc). I really hope they just offer you a replacement. I mean, come on, this truck is like $150 retail (asuming you have the non-Pro), and prob costs them $50-60 to produce. Any decent company should realize a $50-60 loss is better than an angry customer.

Finally, after driving my Caldera XB for one weekend, my pinion gear looks just like yours. I have no idea what the stock pinion is made out of, but apparently its crap. My new motor and esc come in today (Castle Sidewinder 3), so I picked up some Robinson Racing 32P hardened pinions to use with the new motor, no way Im using the junk stock one again. I picked up a 13T and 15T, going to start with the stock 13T, then move to the 15T if it doesnt have enough top end

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wow. Luckily, I do not have any problems that can't be fixed by myself. Other than missing a screw, the blackout xte PRO is running great. The truck, charger, battery, and the controller all works. I have bought some parts (if available) on eBay.

The only complaint I have is redcat racing has not respond to my email (Jan 7th) asking when the specific part I need is available. I heard from others said some parts haven't been available for months.
    Redcat Racing Blackout XTE Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Garbage in garbage out.
    Biggest mistake I ever made in the RC hobby was buying a Redcat brand vehicle, never again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well I finally broke a part (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZMb5dSJl4) but luckily I'm able to buy a new one from eBay. As usual Redcat Racing's website didn't have it.
    Redcat Racing Blackout XTE Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So an update on my truck. Redcat and I came to an ameracable agreement and I am happy.