Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat shockwave mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Manolo762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat shockwave mods

Hello, I am new to this hobby I purchased a redcat shockwave on december 2014 just for fun, I installed front and rear arms , tuned pipe, aluminim clutch, front and rear hubs all are hop ups, I installed a two speed tranny that for an unknown reason got the sproket like melted when I did the break in of the engine so I installed the one speed tranny back till I get the other new two speed, I was bashing it yesterday and noticed that the original shock have a plastic link that stiks onto the small ball screwed to the shock tower , that link looks like is about to break, what other shocks can I install that would fit drop in that are better? Also , what other hop ups can you recomend me? Thank you very much!
Old 12-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Acohill1

I'm looking to upgrade the engine I got an hpi 3.0 but the mount are just a Little to small. I'm thinking or adding mount holes my self...
Old 12-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Manolo762

I installed a hpi 3.0 and had no problems with the engine mount