Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

EarthQuake Clutch(?) Problem

I have a barely used/ran Earthquake that came back from service from Redcat. I ran the car on a cool day for barely 5-10 mins and then it stopped.
    The engine kept running but the car would not move an inch.
    S.O.S!
    HELP!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ok, first, on your engine, you will have a clutch bell. It has a gear on it. With the engine running, give throttle, does that clutch bell spin? If no, then there is a problem with the clutch. If yes, then the problem lies deeper. If the clutch bell spins, does the gear that it runs against spin? If no then adjust your gear lash, or that gear, the spur gear is stripped. If the spur gear is turning, are the shafts to the front and rear diffs turning? If one is, but the other is not, the one that is, is your stripped diff. If neither shaft is turning, then the problem lies in the transmission. They have a slipper clutch set up in there, I have had several problems with my son's. The slipper adjustment came apart, and I had to take the trans apart, to get it back together. I ended up having to buy another slipper setup, the one in his truck was older, and the replacement was different. Have not had any other problems with it. Good luck, If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.