Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New to Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:09 AM
JEDGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Brushless

I have an Aftershock 8E and obviously it comes set up for dual lipos however I have a ton of perfectly good NIMH batteries and don't really feel like spending $300 on a couple sets of Lipo batteries and a lipo charger so my question is , Can I run the NIMH batteries in the truck until I get set up with Lipos? The last time I had an Rc brushless was in its infancy and ridiculously expensive with very few manufacturers producing it. Now my son is old enough that I got him A Caldera SC and me an Aftershock.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:34 PM
krokodyl

you should be able to use nimh. best way to know is plug the battery in and see what happens.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Shady9503

like krokodyl said best way to find out is plug in the NiMh and try em, but they should would work, no for lipo's theres no need to spend hundreds, hobbyking.com has good lipos for a cheap price, I picked up 2 2s 5000mah lipo's for 30$ each, Turnigy brand, I've had them for a couple months and they've been great
Old 02-03-2015, 05:48 PM
krokodyl

you don't need to spend hundreds but belive me peoplespend like $600 on two lipos and a charger
Old 02-03-2015, 06:37 PM
JEDGER

I figured about $300 for 4 lipos and a good charger, I want at least 2 more sets as the truck runs dual lipos. Figured about $45 a piece for the lipos and about $100 for a charger. Did some research and all I have to do to run the NIMH batteries is shut off the low voltage cutoff on the esc. So I will just run them until I feel like spending the coin on some LIPOS. I was looking at the DYNAMITE dual lipo charger and the duratrax 2s 5000mah lipos. Anybody using any of this stuff? Thoughts? Thanks for the input.