Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Blackout XTE PRO: Upgrade or replace servo HX-15CS? *Locked up*

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Blackout XTE PRO: Upgrade or replace servo HX-15CS? *Locked up*

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 10:23 AM
imacsuk2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Blackout XTE PRO: Upgrade or replace servo HX-15CS? *Locked up*

So.. earlier today I went outside and started rc'ing. Then within few minutes, the truck stopped turning.
I opened up the truck cover, I noticed the servo won't turn at all. I tried many suggestions but nothing help.
I assume something is wrong with the servo.

Now I'm wondering should I buy another same servo (HX-15CS - splashproof) or get a different one (better- waterproof)?
The area I live gets a lot of rain/sleet/snow so not running on the snow is really not possible. Any suggestions?
Is it possible to keep everything the same and put in a new different servo? My concern is would it fit?

Just to be clear I'm talking about steering.

*Update: I went ahead and bought another hx-15cs servo on eBay (local) just so I have one. I'm still interested in upgrading (waterproof) servo.

Last edited by imacsuk2; 02-05-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Shady9503

The blackout XTE Pro is a great truck, I have one myself, but like all redcats (and to be honest most rtr kits) the stock servo is not the best, and can do with an upgrade, I had the stock traxxas waterproof one in there and for bashing that was enough, currently I have a hi-tec waterproof in there right now, I forget which servo exactly but its been great, only thing is that weird servo saver setup they have doesnt fit, so i just bolted the servo horn straight to the arm
Old 02-06-2015, 08:11 AM
imacsuk2

Is it on their website? http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos/waterproof-servos-2

As for traxxas, I assume either 2056 or 2075? https://traxxas.com/products/search?...sort_order=ASC
Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 PM
imacsuk2

I have since bought 3 servos - stock servo, Savox SC-1256TG (current), and Emax ES3005 (backup if needed). I got aluminum horn and steering linkage to go with the savox servo. I have also bought some bigger complete wheels/tires: 5in and 5.5in (the biggest).