Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane xte top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Shady9503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane xte top speed?

Hi everyone, I have been trying to find the answer to this on google and youtube but I just cant, i have a hurricane XTE bone stock, what i want to know is what the supposed top speed is? i have it clocked at 33km/h but that seems maybe a little slow to me? also theres a grub screw on the center diff, will this lock the center diff? and if i do lock it, will i see a higher top speed?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:46 AM
krokodyl

I have heard that people reached over 45 miles per hour but i'm not sure
Old 02-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Stryker48

Bone stock on supplied 2 x 2S 3600mah, you should get around 70 kmh. (conservative) With better quality lipos you will get better performance (and together with possible gearing upgrades - also as an option) for optimal speed....if that's your goal.
With better quality lipos alone you can expect to get up to speeds of around 80kmh - 90kmh + with gearing upgrades - more than fast enough IMHO!

Adding good quality slicks or low tread road tires with decent quality inserts, and balance your wheels, will also help increase traction and speed.
The tires and foam inserts that come with this buggy are what you would expect in a less expensive RTR model, a softer compound pin tread tire for "variable terrain use" .... Perfectly OK for normal every day bashing, not for excessive speed.

Other than getting a couple of sets of tires, the only other thing I would upgrade on this model, besides better batteries, is the rather weak and slow steering servo and arm,(if and when it fails.) .... OK, maybe I would also upgrade the very basic, heavy (battery hungry) TX as well, although it's certainly not necessary, nonetheless a worthwhile upgrade IMHO

Definitely good bang for your $ for a fast RTR 1/8 brushless buggy, regardless of what some may say and in all fairness, should not be compared to others that cost twice as much. Different buggy, different market, different price point, still pretty damn fast.... same country of manufacture as the other popular 'high end' brands - CHINA

Last edited by Stryker48; 02-22-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Shady9503

hmm could be that my method of tracking the speed probably wasnt the best, (i just downloaded a max speed app on my phone lol) i might have to get a proper way to test speeds but i currently have it on 2 x 2S 5000 Mah 60C LiPos, also i noticed the centre diff has just grease, which makes it slip very easily which i thought was hindering its speed cuz it would slip approaching max, so ive since added 10k weight oil in there
Old 02-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Stryker48

I'm going on the speeds people have reordered in their videos, how accurate they may be is debatable
As for you recording 33kmh, I think that's a bit slow .....doesn't sound correct. That's brush speed lol