Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exclamation Blackout XTE PRO: Upgrade or replace servo HX-15CS? *Locked up*

So.. earlier today I went outside and started rc'ing. Then within few minutes, the truck stopped turning.
    I opened up the truck cover, I noticed the servo won't turn at all. I tried many suggestions but nothing help.
    I assume something is wrong with the servo.

Now I'm wondering should I buy another same servo (HX-15CS - splashproof) or get a different one (better- waterproof)?
    The area I live gets a lot of rain/sleet/snow so not running on the snow is really not possible. Any suggestions?
    Is it possible to keep everything the same and put in a new different servo? My concern is would it fit?

Just to be clear I'm talking about steering.

*Update: I went ahead and bought another hx-15cs servo on eBay (local) just so I have one. I'm still interested in upgrading (waterproof) servo.
    Last edited by imacsuk2; 02-05-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    Redcat Racing Blackout XTE Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The blackout XTE Pro is a great truck, I have one myself, but like all redcats (and to be honest most rtr kits) the stock servo is not the best, and can do with an upgrade, I had the stock traxxas waterproof one in there and for bashing that was enough, currently I have a hi-tec waterproof in there right now, I forget which servo exactly but its been great, only thing is that weird servo saver setup they have doesnt fit, so i just bolted the servo horn straight to the arm
    Hurricane XTE, Blackout XTE Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have since bought 3 servos - stock servo, Savox SC-1256TG (current), and Emax ES3005 (backup if needed). I got aluminum horn and steering linkage to go with the savox servo. I have also bought some bigger complete wheels/tires: 5in and 5.5in (the biggest).
    Redcat Racing Blackout XTE Pro