Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Upgrading Redcat Shockwave buggy

Hey guys,

So I have had my Shockwave buggy for a few months now and love it. However the plastic suspension parts seem prone to breaking on minor crashes or even some slightly bigger ones. So I have been thinking about upgrading all the suspension parts to aluminium. Is it worth the time / money in doing this? Is it just the two speed clutch bell and 2 speed transmission that is needed for this upgrade?

Also, I want to look at upgrading the transmission to 2 speed. Is this worth it?

What else can I do to upgrade the car? Looking for a little more torque and speed.

Appreciate all the feedback!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Up grading the suspension is a good idea on most RTR RC cars. When I got back into RC with my son I got a Traxas XL1 Bandit. First upgrade that helped was aluminum shocks. The Aluminum shocks Redcat sells are a big improvement over the stock plastic metal caped ones. (plus they look trick. Up graded suspension arms arn't a bad idea either.
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
    www.countylinehobbies.com