Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

New Tornado Epx pro binding issues

Took it out of the box yesterday figuring all I would have to do is fully charge the battery plug it in and go. When I did that the receiver and transmitter were not communicating, so I followed the steps for binding the two. The light blinks green on the transmitter and solid red on the receiver and a quick flashing red light on the esc. when i turn the esc off then transmitter off , turn the transmitter on then the esc and it goes back to flashing red on the receiver and quick flashing red on the esc. Please help!

Do you have access to another transmitter? If so you can narrow it down to see if it is the transmitter or receiver. I would lean to the receiver but can't verify it without looking at it. One good thing is Redcat will replace the defective parts but it dosn't help you run today.
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
    www.countylinehobbies.com

Thanks for the reply, I actually figured out what it was. I tired everything in the book I took the receiver out and looked at it and it was burnt to a crisp. I will be getting a new one today and hopefully all works and I can start running this thing.!

Chris

That is a fun car. I run one for demos and bashing. I won't put Lipo's in it if I am letting some one try it as it is almost to quick as it is with a total nube. My demo one has a few dozen batterys through it with no issues. When you get the new Receiver in I think you will be happy.
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    like us on Facebook

The car came with a 3500 Lipo in it must have been a demo. I am excited to get it running and rip up some tracks.

Last month or so they started shipping them with Lipo's.
    Just that much more of an upgrade. Take it on the road and do some high speed passes. Just be easy on the trigger from a stop as all 4 wheels will be lit up. Just FYI I got my Dad. Horizen Blade copter and it did the same thing. That is why the reputable company's add warentes. Unlike the flee market specials.
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    Like us on facebook