Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

New Tornado Epx pro binding issues

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Tornado Epx pro binding issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 AM
ANTUNES14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tornado Epx pro binding issues

Took it out of the box yesterday figuring all I would have to do is fully charge the battery plug it in and go. When I did that the receiver and transmitter were not communicating, so I followed the steps for binding the two. The light blinks green on the transmitter and solid red on the receiver and a quick flashing red light on the esc. when i turn the esc off then transmitter off , turn the transmitter on then the esc and it goes back to flashing red on the receiver and quick flashing red on the esc. Please help!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Bob Jablonski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have access to another transmitter? If so you can narrow it down to see if it is the transmitter or receiver. I would lean to the receiver but can't verify it without looking at it. One good thing is Redcat will replace the defective parts but it dosn't help you run today.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Old 05-11-2015, 04:03 AM
ANTUNES14

Thanks for the reply, I actually figured out what it was. I tired everything in the book I took the receiver out and looked at it and it was burnt to a crisp. I will be getting a new one today and hopefully all works and I can start running this thing.!

Chris
Old 05-11-2015, 04:24 AM
Bob Jablonski

That is a fun car. I run one for demos and bashing. I won't put Lipo's in it if I am letting some one try it as it is almost to quick as it is with a total nube. My demo one has a few dozen batterys through it with no issues. When you get the new Receiver in I think you will be happy.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
like us on Facebook
Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 AM
ANTUNES14

The car came with a 3500 Lipo in it must have been a demo. I am excited to get it running and rip up some tracks.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Bob Jablonski

Last month or so they started shipping them with Lipo's.
Just that much more of an upgrade. Take it on the road and do some high speed passes. Just be easy on the trigger from a stop as all 4 wheels will be lit up. Just FYI I got my Dad. Horizen Blade copter and it did the same thing. That is why the reputable company's add warentes. Unlike the flee market specials.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
Like us on facebook