Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Suggestions on upgrading redcat lightning epx pro

I have a redcat Lightning epx pro(brushless) and a hpi e10(brushed)
    And I want to make the redcat as fast as I can get it to go, what suggestions do you guys have on what routes I should take I was thinking like mamba max pro esc/motor set up but should I change the gearing? Would that make it faster to?? and throwing the stock brushless system in my e10 but everything is plastic in the e10 don't know if it would take the power without blowing up until I upgraded all the plastic parts with aluminum parts

Fast as you can get it to go. . .with that request I would start with replacing every moving plastic part, shock, or plastic part supporting moving parts with aluminum. I would do that before trying to make any performance upgrades. The mamba max pro would provide plenty of power, but the drivetrain would have to be upgraded all around. Pretty much you would be building a new car. I would start small and upgrade your chassis, drivetrain, and then go for the performance motor/gearbox/diffs. Many would argue with me on this one, but I always like to set my cars up to handle the power before doubling my power output.
    Last edited by krossracing; 06-07-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I agree. if it cant handle the power you will be working on it an unable to get a handle on it's driving ability. Kinda like dropping a Chevy 350 into a Prius.
    Mr. Bob
    Countyline Hobbies
    Grovertown, IN.
    574-540-1123
    countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
    www.countylinehobbies.com
    Like us on Facebook