Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on upgrading redcat lightning epx pro

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Suggestions on upgrading redcat lightning epx pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Brandongoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on upgrading redcat lightning epx pro

I have a redcat Lightning epx pro(brushless) and a hpi e10(brushed)
And I want to make the redcat as fast as I can get it to go, what suggestions do you guys have on what routes I should take I was thinking like mamba max pro esc/motor set up but should I change the gearing? Would that make it faster to?? and throwing the stock brushless system in my e10 but everything is plastic in the e10 don't know if it would take the power without blowing up until I upgraded all the plastic parts with aluminum parts
Old 05-31-2015, 08:19 PM
krossracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fast as you can get it to go. . .with that request I would start with replacing every moving plastic part, shock, or plastic part supporting moving parts with aluminum. I would do that before trying to make any performance upgrades. The mamba max pro would provide plenty of power, but the drivetrain would have to be upgraded all around. Pretty much you would be building a new car. I would start small and upgrade your chassis, drivetrain, and then go for the performance motor/gearbox/diffs. Many would argue with me on this one, but I always like to set my cars up to handle the power before doubling my power output.

Last edited by krossracing; 06-07-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Bob Jablonski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. if it cant handle the power you will be working on it an unable to get a handle on it's driving ability. Kinda like dropping a Chevy 350 into a Prius.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook
The following users liked this post:
RCRFan29 (06-18-2020)