Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

blackout xte pro esc fan upgrade (5v to 12v) - 35mm?

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

blackout xte pro esc fan upgrade (5v to 12v) - 35mm?

Old 05-27-2015, 11:43 AM
imacsuk2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question blackout xte pro esc fan upgrade (5v to 12v) - 35mm?

According to the warning label on the esc wire, I have to change the current fan to 12v fan if I want to run 7-9 nimh or 3s batteries.
Oddly, nothing is mentioned about the fan specs (LxWxH) on the website or in the manual. Not even recommending or offering fans that would work with the esc.

I measured with my ruler and it came to around 3.2-3.4cm? 32-34mm. Did I measure it correctly? If yes, then do I need to find a 35mm fan?

I do not have soldering tools so I would like to just unplug the old one and plug in the new one.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 AM
imacsuk2

Nevermind! I didn't realize I was measuring the protective cover case(?) fan. I thought wrong. I removed 4 screws, took the top cover off, and found the fan. It is 30mm / 7.4v.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Justwayne

Anyone know of a direct fit stock sized replacement 12v fan available.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM
imacsuk2

Originally Posted by Justwayne
Anyone know of a direct fit stock sized replacement 12v fan available.
There are plenty of 30mm 12v fans available: https://www.google.com/search?site=&...q=30mm+fan+12v

I bought one that was the closest and cheapest I could find. Yeah Racing YA-0256. Unfortunately it seem to have been discontinued.