Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Shockwave need help naming part.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:03 PM
itsasylum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave need help naming part.

Hey guys, first of all let me take the time to say that this is my first ever nitro powered rc. So please forgive me for being such a novice.

I got this bad boy today, runs good, is very fast, i absolutely love it.

I was speeding along and it flipped. my drive shaft was knocked out of its place. No problem, i simply put it back in place. However while screwing the screw back into place. The screw i speak of is almost under the wheel. I noticed that the part it screws into is stripped. I can turn the screw all day, this is bad, because now every small bump knocks the screw out of the piece causing the tire to turn and allow the shaft to fall out of place.

So my question is this. What part does that particular screw go into.

Is it a hub? carrier hub? i could be wrong.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM
ijpom

Welcome to the forum Itssylum. Glad to hear that the Shockwave is working well for you.

You should have received some chart for your car with it. If not the schematic is on their site http://www.redcatracing.com/schematic-shockwave.html
Failing that, a parts search on the same web site will get you to everything you need http://www.redcatracing.com/Search#cv=SHOCKWAVE
Search the usual market places beyond Redcats web site for different prices, speed of delivery and availability. I like Ebay, but delivery could be weeks.

Usually the nitro break-in period takes a little time to do, and speeding around on the day you got it may not lead to long engine life. Your choice though.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Kemo

Can you provide a picture if you are still unable to ID the part?