Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Blackout XTE Pro Tires

I was wondering what my tire options are for this truck.

Thanks

Ned

I guess I should really like the stock tires.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Ned, welcome to the forum.

As you could probably tell, attendance is sparse and I don't know if Redcat's "official" forum means anything.

The good news is that you asked an easier question. In the RC industry there are some regular standards regarding wheels.
    You should find that 1/10 scale vehicles have 12mm hex drives and 1/8 scale have 17mm.
    From there, as long as you know your scale, and the scale of the tire/wheel being sold, you will be fine.

If you want to get into the the minutiae, things like width, height, offset, tread pattern and softness become important, especially when it comes to changing final gearing, contact patch and track of the vehicle.

Lucky you didn't ask about full sized tires (1:1) as they are much more complicated!
    Redcat Hurricane XTR
    Redcat Monsoon with EX 28

Just about any 1/10 tire will work with the xte. I can't find out what the tire diameter is but similar sized 1/10 tires should be easy to find once you find that out. I suspect that they will be about the same size as Similar cars like the Traxxas Stampede which comes with 4.6 inch tires. You can use bigger or smaller tires you just need to tear it appropriately, for bigger tires a slightly smaller pinion will be needed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    Just about any 1/10 tire will work with the xte. I can't find out what the tire diameter is but similar sized 1/10 tires should be easy to find once you find that out. I suspect that they will be about the same size as Similar cars like the Traxxas Stampede which comes with 4.6 inch tires. You can use bigger or smaller tires you just need to tear it appropriately, for bigger tires a slightly smaller pinion will be needed.
    Most 1/10 tires from 4WD truck will work. Try a tire for a 2wd and you may have clearance issues, especially if is meant for the front of a 2wd truck. Traxxas stampede 2wd REAR or 4wd front/rear would likely work.
    1/6 hummer crawler, HG P402, FJ40, Evader Bx, Kyosho Sand Master, Stampede, ECX Circuit

Hi!

I replaced the Blackout's stock tires with these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191013834305

They give it a better, higher, wider stance and improve performance quite a bit. Also: They're cheap ($28.99) but they are holding up pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	2140190

I have some others on order. I will post some info when I have a chance to try them out.

Cheers,

Erich

I've been running these tires/wheel on mine for about a month now, they are cheap and have held up well through lot's of abuse.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackout.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	2143393

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'd like to find the beadlocked aluminum wheels that would fit those tires. I get tired of cracked rims, and I also get tired of shredding tires and not being able to just pop another tire on a good rim and go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RobotWerks View Post
    Hi!

I replaced the Blackout's stock tires with these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191013834305

They give it a better, higher, wider stance and improve performance quite a bit. Also: They're cheap ($28.99) but they are holding up pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	2140190

I have some others on order. I will post some info when I have a chance to try them out.

Cheers,

Erich
    I think I just ordered these exact wheels on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Yes there the same only difference is the shipping speed. Lol

I just got some proline 2.2/3.0 short course wheels with the +3mm offset. The width matches the stock width. I put proline badlands on and they are the same diameter and width as the stock.