Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help tornado s30

Old 04-13-2016, 02:30 PM
imblaze88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tornado s30

Hi guys I've been on this site for awhile for planes but this is my first car I bought used. Been pulling this rope for days without luck, I got it to run a couple times at half to full throttle but everytine I brake it dies and it will not idle, can someone tell me the factory needle settings? I was using 15% airplane fuel and a os#8 when it ran a few times, today I got 30% car fuel and a os lc3 hot plug and it won't even begin to fire
Old 04-13-2016, 04:53 PM
krokodyl

It sounds like your idle stop screw gap is not open enough. Try to open it u a bit, thats always the place to start. Also, It fairly common to have to tune a bit when switching fuel, especially if you're jumping in nitro percentage so much.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
imblaze88

The idle screw is all the way in, it won't even run there. the barrel has to be half or more to run this evening I got it to run at full throttle and I sat it on the ground and it would die.

So I got it running at full throttle again tuned the high needle for max speed (wheels turning in air), sat it down again and it took off crashed into the neigbors house and then drove itself into the river. After being submerged about 20 minutes I fished it out dried if off and fired it up again.

Took the throttle linkage off and fired it up just using my fingers to move the barrel it would start at full throttle and I kept richening the low trying to get rpms lower until the lsn is all the way out. Seems like the low needle is broken but it looks fine.

I am very familiar with nitro airplane engines and feel comfortable I can tune a car if I could just get it running.