Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Aftermarket Shocks with less than shockingly performance

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Aftermarket Shocks with less than shockingly performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM
gkperformance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Shocks with less than shockingly performance

I bought a set of aluminum housing shocks for my blackout xte pro. I bought them because the spring buckets out of the stock shocks keep coming out and i have lost 3 now. Redcat had no solution but to buy new shocks. so i did. They were for a 1/10 scale buggy and i thought they would be an upgrade. They have way heavier springs on them but no shock value at all. the truck just bounces all around out of control now. I checked and they do have oil in them, but the just wont work. Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:58 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you tried the original springs on the new shocks ?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:19 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Quick search showed this as the Redcat part number BLH-0011GM .
Just making sure you got the right ones for your car .
Old 05-25-2016, 09:29 AM
The Saylors

Did they come pre-filled? Always check shocks for proper fill level, sometimes the factory will screw up. You can also try different wt's of oil. Makes a big difference!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:36 AM
gkperformance

I was going to try my springs on the new shocks but the springs were slightly diff sized enough to make them sit funny. It's just not a shock at all. They were 70 % filled with oil and with the spring off just was nothing to them. Just junk I tell you junk. I talked to Redcat about it so they sent me out a new set of shocks! That's the second time there customer support has surprised me for this day and age. Thanks for any and all reply's !
Old 05-25-2016, 09:51 AM
The Saylors

That's one of the biggest leaps that this industry has made is the support. Makes it a lot less stressful then it used to be.