Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

No Steering

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:16 PM
tlxiong82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Steering

My steering servo was stripped and i replaced the servo and now i can't steer. When i adjust the steering trim, i can see the arm on the servo moving, however it will not steer.

Now when i place the servo in CH1, the throttle on my controller will make the servo steer when i squeeze or depress the trigger but will not do anything out of CH2.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Old 07-28-2016, 02:47 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I was under the impression that the receiver's inputs were:

channel 1...turn
channel 2 ...burn (throttle)

Is it possible that you have bumped the dual rate/steering rate knob? Depending on what transmitter you are using, it's sometimes located near the thumb and could get "out of whack" real fast. Having the steering rate set 0%...well, you'll get nothing from the transmitter's wheel. Set the steering rate to maximum or stop adjusting when your vehicle's steering blocks are at maximum throw. Other than that...I got nothing.

Last edited by RustyUs; 07-28-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:05 AM
tlxiong82

Thanks for your response.

I'm currently using the standard controller that was sent with my car. Not sure what the rate/steering knob you're referring to?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm guessing you have one of Redcat's versions of a FlySky FS-GT2. Should be a knob on top that says something like ST. D/R...crank it up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150708_153339_meitu_4.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	2174833  
Old 07-28-2016, 04:03 PM
tlxiong82

That worked! Wow, I feel like an idiot. Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-20-2022, 03:00 PM
Simplemannn

Default Rcr-2ce only trims working

I have RCR 2ce transmitter and just bought a brand new transmitter with matching receiver to run my Redcat Racing xte blackout brushless with my 2s lipo came with the car originally ESC burned up melted on the bottom ordered a new ESC and it worked for a few moments only and now only the throttle and steering trim will work the car I have tried everything possible I've got a new RX and new TX another RX put it on another car same problem on three different cars two different remotes three different receivers all the same problem I don't know what's going on what's Happening what I'm doing wrong I went through the binding process had to been at least 50 times same effect same problem the remote I just ordered was brand new with the receiver to match it it binds with all the receivers both remotes the light the lights up solid but no throttle or steering with the remote only the throttle trims will make the car move
Old 09-20-2022, 03:03 PM
Simplemannn

Hey I haven't been able to calibrate the remote because the replacement ESC is a hobbywing S8 and it has no set button on the on and off switch it has no button anywhere it's supposed to be automatic but it's not working I do have a ESC it's Traxxas but still has the same plug it binds and everything works just the same and it has a set button and I still can't calibrate the remote it won't go into calibration mode I know how to change the programming on the remote to use for the old RX because they have one and it does the same thing on that receiver as well no throttle no steering only the steering and throttle on the trim settings will work the car