Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Very upset redcat racing!!

Old 12-25-2016, 07:36 AM
Ronnie Potts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very upset redcat racing!!

I am doing this on Christmas day instead of enjoying the Blackout XTE Pro my son got today. We took it out for the first run, the vehicle rolled in the yard and now is broke. The main chassis broke where the suspension components connect to the chassis body. Great.....Thanks Redcat!! You will be getting a call tomorrow morning. I am a first time RC owner and know nothing about this stuff.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:08 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

BEYOND DISAPPOINTED with my Redcat Blackout XTE
Old 12-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Toother1321

Too funny. I bought 2 of these for Christmas and one of them broke at the exact same spot. I actually am extremely happy with the car. Obviously I'm bummed about the repair but it was definitely a hard hit. When I saw the way the wheel was hanging I thought some suspension pieces were broken. I was shocked to see that the chassis actually snapped. Definitely not too excited that the first repair will be taking the ENTIRE car apart to transfer it to a new pan. I would be curious to know what they do for you. I already ordered a new one from RC planet, but if they replace yours please let us know.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Ronnie Potts

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure who to go to with this...I mean...literally I didn't even get the warranty card filled out before this thing broke. He didn't hit anything, the truck rolled in the yard while turning. I will keep you posted.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:45 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not knowing your location, when the temps dip down to around freezing plastic parts become brittle and parts tend to break more often in the cold,
That being said a chassis pan should not break in the manner you described. I've seen a few other manufactures vehicles come in during the winter with a lot of damage after being run over by a full size car/truck but none had a broken chassis..
Not to pour salt in your wound but you do get what you pay for and unfortunately with this brand it's typically headaches.
Good luck with it.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Toother1321

It was only a matter of time until flyinwalenda chimed in. He obviously has some type of agenda to push against redcat. A quick look at any post on this forum and you'll see him bashing them every chance he can get. We all know we bought an entry level hobby grade truck. As I said before I am more than happy with my purchase of two of them. I know I'm a total newb to the forum. However, I've been an engineer for 2 decades and have worked on a multitude of RC devices. These include robots, drones, and all sorts of automated machinery. I can't speak for how the OP broke his but I can say with 100% certainty that ANY brand RC with plastic parts would have been busted in my sons accident. It was literally flat out speed with single point contact of the right front wheel with an immovable object. Flyinwalenda I just dont get it. You obviously have a ton of experience with RC cars, offer some help, instead of just bashing a product and kicking someone when their down.

Ronnie, since it looks like we'll be making the same repair I bought my chassis at RC planet. It was about 6 bucks cheaper than on redcat's site. here is the link https://www.rcplanet.com/Redcat_Raci...XYIaAqqH8P8HAQ I'm hoping to be making the repair this week if you have any questions about it feel free to PM if I can offer any tips I will be happy to help.

My son was devastated after breaking his truck. After the tears subsided I told him the reason we got a hobby grade truck and not a toys r us or radioshack special is so that we could buy parts and fix it. Now he's looking forward to taking his whole car apart. I bought these trucks to introduce something new to my son and hopefully give him a new pastime that isn't videogames or something digital. I can't think of a better way to spend time with him than to go down in the basement, sit at the workbench, crack open a couple cold root beers, turn on the radio and do some wrenching. Drive Hard, Fix Car, Repeat. It's all part of the hobby. Again I know I'm new here but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 PM
krokodyl

They might replace it, there is no way that it should break like that. The cold won't help, so when I run in the winter, I avoid jumping. I don't see how a plastic chassis will even work. My aluminum chassis in my nitro has alot of pretty deep dents and scratches. That said, I built a ramp and hit it with only one half of the car alot..., so as long as you don't do anything crazy, it should work. If you try to get it fixed under warranty, you will likely need to do some convincing.

Flyinwalenda doesn't seem to like redcat, and I understand that. They are probably not as durable as traxxas, but some of their cars seem to hold up quite well. The blackout seems to be one of their pretty good models. I wouldn't really recommend them only because of parts support,but if you are willing to wait a few days to get parts, you should be ok. I like my cadera 3.0, and with a upgraded os 18 engine, it runs really well. I have only broken the spur gear and on gear in the diff. I only ran about 2 gallons of fuel through it though. To be honest though, this is a SUPPORT forum....

Good luck, hopefully you get your issue resolved.

Hubert
Old 12-31-2016, 09:05 PM
mazpr

So you tellin us that when the truck rolled the chassis snapped in half?

I have seen plenty, many, videos of Redcats doing all kinds of rolls, jumps, crashes, and yet no broken chassis. The only way you can break it is if you hit it hard in a frontal collision. Even my 1/8th nitro buggy would bend if I crash, but from rolling, naa! call it BS.

The wheels, A-Arms, shocks would come out flying before the chassis snaps.

And you only have two posts, so you are not a noob, you are a super noob, and who knows if its just the competition throwing venom at Redcat.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:33 PM
SlashMaxx4x4

Originally Posted by mazpr
So you tellin us that when the truck rolled the chassis snapped in half?

I have seen plenty, many, videos of Redcats doing all kinds of rolls, jumps, crashes, and yet no broken chassis. The only way you can break it is if you hit it hard in a frontal collision. Even my 1/8th nitro buggy would bend if I crash, but from rolling, naa! call it BS.

The wheels, A-Arms, shocks would come out flying before the chassis snaps.

And you only have two posts, so you are not a noob, you are a super noob, and who knows if its just the competition throwing venom at Redcat.
Dude, just because you have 2 posts doesn't mean you don't know a lot. For example, I have only a few posts but have been in the hobby for over 12 years, it just means I haven't been on THIS particular website for a long time.

I agree though with the OP though, with redcat, you REALLY get what you're paying for. And normally the end product is not the best quality.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:03 PM
mazpr

Perception my friend, you cant just dive in into the sharks looking like a noob, and not expect to get attacked.

I bought one, will be getting it next week, and lets see what happens. I own a few 1/5th clones which many have attempted to burn me, but the things that have broken are the typical MUST REPLACE of most RTRs, sooner or later.

ANY RTR, MUST be inspected, that is the main problem, he does not even know if some bolts were loose, which is normal. Have seen it on many ready to run, you live, you learn. But getting all pissed off, and acting like a 5 year old does not help. Just because you are the customer, does not mean you are going to be menacing, and getting all confrontational. I feel sorry for customer rep who answered his phone call.

The posting happened a few days ago, who did he call? when? any script of the conversation?

I dont buy it, this guy says that a few tumbles from his son driving it created a premature failure of the chassis. Sounds like the typical buyer's remorse, I dont know what I got into and now wants his money back... "you will be getting a call from me Redcat", how old are you 10? are you going to call the cops? or Redcat mommy? Pathetic!

Behave like a grown man, treat other with respect, and then expect the same from others, but with his GTA mafia attitude, he is getting nowhere.

"VERY UPSET REDCAT RACING" - what a man child!

Last edited by mazpr; 01-01-2017 at 12:01 AM. Reason: troll
Old 01-02-2017, 06:00 AM
4NJBOYS

Default Reply

Where did U buy it? I may have an answer for U I had the same exact problem and a happy ending.
As far as U being at fault or unaware of what prep need to be done Who knew. Like I said I had the same problem. but on second run the chassis broke. I believe the shocks were set to soft and it bottomed out and hit a bump. After posting my take on Redcat and what happened I got a reply as condescending as one you got. I had to go back to confirm the poster and Yes same poster.
I am on many forums and every one of them has one who lectures and demeans. Know it all. Rc is a learning hobby to enjoy. Forums are to share information give help. Not the BS this poster spews.
Calling names Bullying is a sigh of insecurity.
Sorry mazpr Metairie, La but you fit the profile. Of course, this only is my opinion but your past posts confirm my opinion.

Last edited by 4NJBOYS; 01-02-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:59 AM
4NJBOYS

Originally Posted by Ronnie Potts
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure who to go to with this...I mean...literally I didn't even get the warranty card filled out before this thing broke. He didn't hit anything, the truck rolled in the yard while turning. I will keep you posted.
Hang in there this seems to be a rough Bunch. I asked where you bought it since I may be able to Help. Seems these RCs are stock and videos can be misleading on how much punishment they can take. That is why they have an extensive line up of upgrades. A $135. Rc Truck can add up fast to above $1000 but that is the beast of the Hobby, They package them to keep initial price down. prime example the enclosed charger that can take 6-8 hours to recharge the minimum size battery supplied. I did some research on them for some time before Xmas. from hobby shops too online. so I added the upgraded charger and larger battery. plus I also talked to Redcat support for advising they were very helpful.
Like I said I had a Happy ending Problems solved. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM
mazpr

Dont believe the hype...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpJTZOWZXw

What seems to be like a 13 yr old, driving his Blackout in a CONCRETE bmx track.
Videos can be misleading... it goes both ways, your postings can be misleading.

You be the judge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrECLpt-Hw

Some dad bashing a Blakcout, isolated dirt field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrECLpt-Hw

Blackout vs. Slash

But yeah, then again, dont forget Youtube is deceiving...

The Basics, have your baby bib ready, spoon fed edition:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ther-types-too!)

Last edited by mazpr; 01-06-2017 at 10:27 AM.