Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Blackout xte brushed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:57 PM
bradssdd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackout xte brushed

How do I enable the Low Voltage Cutoff on a brushed blackout xte? So that i can run lipo. I've searched and read the manual but all I can find is how to for the brushless model!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sure do make it easy for their target audience ......don't they ?

No wonder !
The esc they use is a cheap copy of another cheap chicom esc. It uses jumpers to set reverse and battery type. The jumpers are located on the rear corner near the wires that connect to the motor. The battery type jumper is the one near the outside edge of the case .
Move that jumper from the rightmost and center pins over to the leftmost and center pins to set the lvc for LiPo. Refer to the attached pdf.

You won't find that anywhere in the manual or on their site.

Good luck with that truck !
Attached Thumbnails HW-WP-1040-Brushed.pdf  
Old 12-29-2016, 11:48 AM
bradssdd

Thank you, I would have never found that but I see it now
Old 12-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Toother1321

I put a 2s lipo in mine and love it. This sheet was right in with my manual of both of the cars I bought on Christmas Day. Once again flyinwalenda shows up to bash redcat. If you're going to bash a company at least be accurate about it when you say you won't find something in their manual or on their site. For somebody who absolutely hates their products you spend a hell of a lot of time browsing through their forum. I would love to know the whole story behind where your personal vendetta comes from! Must be a good one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_180017.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2194856   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_180024.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	2194857  
Old 12-29-2016, 04:02 PM
bradssdd

Thank you, neither of the 2 blackouts I got came with that sheet
Old 12-29-2016, 04:23 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toother1321
I put a 2s lipo in mine and love it. This sheet was right in with my manual of both of the cars I bought on Christmas Day. Once again flyinwalenda shows up to bash redcat. If you're going to bash a company at least be accurate about it when you say you won't find something in their manual or on their site. For somebody who absolutely hates their products you spend a hell of a lot of time browsing through their forum. I would love to know the whole story behind where your personal vendetta comes from! Must be a good one.

You are a brand new member and all of your posts are in the redcat forum.......................very telling !

Be a cheerleader or fanboy for redcat all you want and that's fine with me as I won't personally bash you for your opinion.

I've never "browsed" this forum. I do browse the new posts page and when I see a problem or question thread I read it and respond if it's something that interests me. It just so happens that this redcat forum gets a whole lot of problem and question threads !
I helped the OP out on this one. What did you do?

Please stop following me around and trolling............................it's rather creepy !
Old 12-30-2016, 12:13 AM
bradssdd

Calm down guys, both of u did help me and I appreciate it. I've had several different brands through the years (right now just the two redacts) but 1 thing I do know that you both can probably agree to is that they ALL break eventually! Fixing them is just part of the hobby.
I will say the losi lst xxl I had was definitely my favorite truck but I've had several others that were good and bad