Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Green light on transmitter RCR-2C does not blink or bind

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Green light on transmitter RCR-2C does not blink or bind

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 08:01 AM
topherzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Green light on transmitter RCR-2C does not blink or bind

Hey there, I'm happy if anyone can help. A few days ago my Everest-16 crawler stopped responding to input from the transmitter, I guess its a binding problem, but im no expert.
On the crawler, A red light is blinking on the ESC, and another red LED nearby (speed controller maybe?) blinks+beeps twice and then no more.

When I attach the bind plug on the crawler and turn it on - then both red lights on the crawler are blinking.
Then, on the transmitter RCR-2C I hold down the bind button and then turn it on. On the transmitter the power LED is solid red, and the LED to the right is solid green. Based on the video I think the LED on the right should be blinking green. The battery in the crawler and transmitter are fully charged. Do you have an idea where the problem is? Or anything else I can try?

That the green light on the transmitter does not blink makes me think the problem is there. Should the green light blink even if no recieving car is around? (Maybe the bind button on the transmitter is simply faulty?) - or does it typically only blink if it somehow detects the presence of the reciever.

(I'm trying to follow this bind process:
)

Thanks for any input!
Cheers, Topher
Old 06-23-2017, 12:44 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

First things first...you have fresh batteries, or fully charge batteries?

The green LED on the transmitter should not blink unless it's in binding mode. The binding button needs pressed, and held, before turning on the transmitter. If you follow the video exactly, everything should run it's course, and work. If not, and the RC is within the warranty period, then I'd give a shout out to Redcat Racing...let them know your situation.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:34 PM
topherzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks RustyUs,
Yes batteries are fully charged. I guess its a problem with the transmitter then as the green light simply does not blink when it is turned on when the button is held down.
Cheers, Topher
Old 06-27-2017, 05:25 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The only thing I can add, those FlySky FS-GT2 radios are generally pretty durable, from all that I have seen, and are only around $20~$25. I have three other models of FlySky radios. My first one is going on it's third or fourth year (can't remember). The newest one I bought only lasted a very short time before the neutral was lost on the trigger. I don't know what I would do in your situation. Another GT2 would be you cheapest option. Having only one radio system item in this hobby is a real bummer. Especially when trying to diagnose Tx/Rx. Any friends around with same system? Hobby shop?

If you can't get it sorted out, take the batteries out, and open 'er up. Electronics cleaner shot into the button.

Good luck.