Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Upgraded blackout xte which tires?

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Upgraded blackout xte which tires?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:05 PM
ozzy1925

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded blackout xte which tires?

Hello, I better post this question here .Anyways I upgraded my xte brushed to 3660(3800kv) and using 3s and 4s tires and as you know tires become balloon so I need a good set of tires.I am planning to duratrax 2.8" 4x bandito mt ,4x bandito st and 4x six pack st for offroad.But as I check on YouTube these tires also become balloon so should I look for other brand?I also saw people are using 12mm to 17mm adapters Can you recommend me good tires for 4s set up on road and off-road?Btw i am not good at glueing tires so i need premounted set.Thanks!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:23 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Pro-Line's Badlands MX28...they get great reviews.
Some people even go as far as using fishing line to keep tires from getting out of shape. Me, I'd use two sets of tires, and use 3S packs (with correct gearing) for off-roading to keep ballooning to a minimum. I don't know how big of tire you are wanting to mount on your Redcat, but maybe have a look at some Pitbull XL tires. I believe they have extra webbing on the inside to lessen high speed effects. I only know of one belted tire for off-road. I really don't like the looks/profile of them, but...
Off-road...http://www.sweepracingusa.com/Monste...-SRC_c_35.html
On-road...GRP tires

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-14-2017 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:53 AM
ozzy1925

Thanks again I already ordered six pack pre mounted and 1/8 chinese tires. If they fail I will look for your suggestions. I also wonder should I buy another xte for just spare parts because I don't want to spend extra money for each broken part .Ah also I see there is xbe version. Do you think will they fit each other?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:39 PM
PaulDeth

I have a set of the road tires on the TM-MT8e. They will NOT balloon.

SRC Road Crusher [Belted Tires / Wheels]
SRC Terrain Crusher [Belted Tires / Wheels]

17mm hex will require adapters.

Last edited by PaulDeth; 09-18-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: more