Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano v2 transmitter issues

Old 12-27-2017, 08:59 PM
gr8shot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Volcano v2 transmitter issues

Ok I'll start off by saying I'm 110% new to anything rc controlled. But usually pretty tech savvy.
​​​​​​
I got this rc truck as a gift. Got it out and charged up but the controller doesn't connect to the truck. My wife tossed the box sadly so I lost the manual. Downloaded what was available on the redcat website and the controller I have is different than what the manual shows. There is no bind button on my controller. All it has is St. Reverse, ST. D/R, and ST. Trim. And the left/right steering knob and speed trigger. I can't figure out how to connect it to the truck.

If I hold the steering control forward or back and turn the power on the led blinks super fast. So I plug in the power to the receiver on the truck and turn the power on, just like it says in the online manual, but nothing happens.

Any insight would be great. I'm super excited to get to play with this thing. Just frustrated that 1. Wife threw the box away and 2. The online manual doesn't match what I have.

Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2017, 06:23 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Redcat uses rebranded FlySky transmitters and receivers. They pretty much bind all the same way. Using the bind plug...you do have the bind plug. Right?

no bind button? Contact Redcat Racing. They will get it straightened out for you.

Is "BIND" labeled on the receiver, beside CH3?

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-29-2017 at 06:43 PM.