Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Looking at buying a Team Redcat TRMT8E-BE6S. What to be aware of?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Looking at buying a Team Redcat TRMT8E-BE6S. What to be aware of?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Zoodles95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a Team Redcat TRMT8E-BE6S. What to be aware of?

Hi All,

It is thanks to the Tom Tracks youtube channel that I learned about this truck. I have been trying to learn about the ERevo 2.0 and the Kraton as options for my first 1/8 vehicle. Then I see this cool video and he is just going on and on about how much he loves his "BE6S". I get my google-fu going and learn about this cool truck.

On the surface it seems even tougher than the Arrma Kraton and where I am in Canada it equates to $80 CDN more than the Kraton (about $62.50 USD). When I look at the amount of upgrades versus a Kraton it seems like a more than reasonable cost difference. An honest to goodness Savox servo, Hobbywing ESC, 5mm shock shafts (versus 4mm on the Kraton), etc, etc, etc. It just seems that Redcat (I guess Team Magic?) threw what they could into this beast to make it really stout and truly RTR.

Despite this though there is always something to fix or a weakness. On the Kraton for some it seems to be the servo, or the servo mount (I guess they addressed the latter for 2018).

What are the things to watch for with the BE6S? What are the most likely to break parts that you folks keep on hand? Other than perhaps the front bumper that I have seen swapped out on some youtube videos what are the other popular upgrades to make the truck better?

Thanks in advance for your input, help, opinions, and advice.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:42 AM
bada61265

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had mine for almost 2 months and its taken some abuse and to date driving it in cold conditions its only got a cracked wing. It does come pretty well optioned up compared to the kraton imo or the previous trmt8e 4s truck. I remedied the wing by making one out of .125 kydex a little heat a little bend in it and it actually flys better on jumps than the stock wing which they look cool but are neither strong or effective. I suspect that somewhere in the drivetrain abuse with 6s power will eventually bring on a failure with the diffs. there big and strong but i think if your hitting the ground full throttle on 6s those parts get hammered hard. which i try to avoid. Aarma is part of a bankruptcy of hobbyco sooo i would worry about weather this line continues to receive parts support or not. Anyway i think with anything on 6s your going to see things like drive train failures. the Be6s has very tough arms chassis , the shocks are massive and well done, the shock towers are thick aluminum and also well protected the linkages, ive not bent or broken but am replacing with the aluminum option ones for team magic. some team magic parts availability in option parts is better and wider than stuff for team redcat regarding the be6s truck. basically were talking dress up parts not so much adding durability.
my only real knock on it is the tight battery trays. which i have modded to make my larger 3s packs fit into more easily. lowered the sides of the tray a half inch. The body is pretty thick and tough and those wear pieces do the job and are cheap to replace if you want too.