Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano 18 esc flashing light

Old 10-27-2018, 05:20 PM
aldo_45030

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Volcano 18 esc flashing light

Bought 7 volcano 18, 1 is a known parts truck, the rest have 2 different types of radios binding and not able to bind looks as if it has a serial number to them.
Any way 3 of the 6 have esc problems of flashing red lights, steering works but for throttle. i downloaded the manuals which really don't offer any info i found on what the possible causes maybe. I have tested all motors as good so it leads me to believe all the esc's are bad. Wow 50% defect rate not to good is all i have to say. Is there a fix or special precautions to take so i don't toast the remaining ones.

If i order replacements how do i get the serialized ones? I assume they are all different part numbers as well as the bind-able.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:57 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bought used or new?

If new, a person should really get in touch with Redcat.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 AM
aldo_45030

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

all were used i should have specified that unfortunately it appears that is why the were returned to the store.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:51 AM
aldo_45030

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well got some of it figured out. Bad Lipo was the problem the flashing light was the warning of that. So as it stands now i only have 2 questionable ESC's both are MT-102 radio's version 1 ESC's. Can't find any info on setting or binding of them.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 AM
jasong916

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by aldo_45030 View Post
Bought 7 volcano 18, 1 is a known parts truck, the rest have 2 different types of radios binding and not able to bind looks as if it has a serial number to them.
Any way 3 of the 6 have esc problems of flashing red lights, steering works but for throttle. i downloaded the manuals which really don't offer any info i found on what the possible causes maybe. I have tested all motors as good so it leads me to believe all the esc's are bad. Wow 50% defect rate not to good is all i have to say. Is there a fix or special precautions to take so i don't toast the remaining ones.

If i order replacements how do i get the serialized ones? I assume they are all different part numbers as well as the bind-able.

Any help greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem, bought a bunch of these and very few work, and nothing online anywhere about how to bind the remote with the ESC or how to reprogram the ESC. I'm about to bust out an Arduino and breadboard....