Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

FPV'd my RS10XT

Old 12-25-2018, 10:19 AM
cootertwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV'd my RS10XT

Put a 2 watt video transmitter (black mamba) and a camera on my RS10XT crawler, and have been driving around my yard, viewing through my Fat Shark goggles. What a blast! Only problem is trying to avoid the doggie poop in the back yard !!! Ha!!! I received a Traxxas TRX-4 Sport, that I had ordered, but after playing with my RS10XT, I'm returning the Traxxas. I could almost buy 2 RS10's for the price of the TRX-4!

Last edited by cootertwo; 12-25-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:49 PM
cootertwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! drove around the perimeter of my one acre today while viewing through my Fat Shark Goggles. I was sitting in my front patio, in front of my all metal mobile home. Even went out behind my barn, that sits at the rear of my 1 acre! Never lost control, or video! Pushing the video through a Black Mamba transmitter, claimed to be 2 watt, but in reality, around a healthy 1 watt. Was surprised at the range of the stock RS10XT transmitter. I have a new transmitter coming tomorrow. I guess the steering function of the RS10XT is controlled by a 3rd or 4th channel? I hope I can keep all the functions.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1