Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

40C, 50C, 100C LiPo Batteries?? Whats the difference??

Old 12-27-2018, 11:15 AM
ArmyCheif

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Post 40C, 50C, 100C LiPo Batteries?? Whats the difference??

I bought my son the Redcat Terremoto 10 V2 last year and got him an extra 5000 battery (Hexfly), the 3200 that came with the vehicle has completely died (will not recharge). I'm looking to get him a couple more batteries and noticed that some of the ones I'm looking at have a different "C" rating. what is the difference and what impact does this have on the performance or on the electronics of the car?
Old 12-27-2018, 12:40 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This place will explain it to you better than I can ever type it well my phone .One of the best places, IMO, that will inform a person to the use of LiPo batteries....http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/understa...ipo-batteries/
RC Resources for the beginner [Read this first]
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-27-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:01 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know what connectors you use, as I was going suggest looking at something like Gensace or SMC. If you are planning on sticking with the Redcat banana plugs then perhaps a Turnigy LiPo is what you need.

You said your other pack "died". What charger are you using? I've read/seen all kinds of battery brands have good and bad reviews. All I can say is, treat your LiPo batteries with respect and they should last you a long time.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:40 AM
ArmyCheif

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RustyUs,
Thanks for the info it helped out a lot. He’s using the HX-403 charger. His car has the what I guess is a T type connection. I found a 2 pack battery set 6200mah 60c 2s Lipo on Amazon for about $55. I was just concerned about burning up the electronics by sending to much amps through the system. Based on what I’ve read from the links you’ve provided it doesn’t look like that should be an issue.

Last edited by ArmyCheif; 12-29-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:54 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

60C packs will be fine. Nothing wrong with buying "more" battery than you need. I normally don't use anything less than 4000mAh 40C 2S for my 1/10 scale RCs. 40C was normally my recommended minimum discharge rate for 1/10 platforms, but those numbers/ratings are most likely "fudged". That's a whole different subject and thread.