Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Gen 8 Scout fried 2 esc's and haven't ran 15 minutes yet.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Gen 8 Scout fried 2 esc's and haven't ran 15 minutes yet.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Dean P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen 8 Scout fried 2 esc's and haven't ran 15 minutes yet.

I bought a new Gen 8 on Sunday. Drove hour and half to purchase one because I really liked the looks, portals, and fwd motor setup. Got home put a battery in it, didn't drive 30 feet and I noticed one back tire wasn't pulling. Take wheel off to find rim turned to white powder at hub. No big deal, just a bad rim casting. Next day get home from work, put battery in and crawl my little course. Didn't get 10 minutes of running and truck just stopped moving. Pick up truck and it freaks out going FWD to Reverse at lightning speed. Before I can get battery unplugged esc let's out little puff of smoke. Drove 45 minutes to closest hobby shop today. Bought a axial esc. Installed esc and battery in scout and everything seemed great. Walked out to course and attempted again. Made it to fourth obstacle and same thing again...truck trying to tear itself apart going FWD to Reverse at lightning speed. Axial esc held out almost long enough for me to get battery unplugged, but not quite. It let out MASSIVE cloud of smoke. Now I am at a loss. I'm scared to put another esc in it because I believe its radio system frying esc's. Guess I should have bought Traxxas, or Axial.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:40 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Wouldn't hurt to get Redcat involved in the issue, and see what they say.