Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Which redcat

Old 08-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Undieingbreed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Which redcat

First post. Just joined. Looks like lots of good info, just not to exactly what I was looking for.

Looking for my first RC from redcat. Not to impressed with Traxxas pricing.

I think I narrowed down to but not so narrow to...
volcano, blackout,caldera , dukono, terremoto. All would be brushless with the Dukono being the most expensive.

I will be doing mostly backyard bashing but would like to crawl and jump. I have an acre of grass so it needs to go through that.

I originally started looking at the brushed volcano, but after looking more, it seems like even with a 2s setup they are still slow relative to a brushless setup and since the Pro versions include lipo, it's a no brainier.

after looking at videos on YT it looks like the blackout is the smallest, maybe the fastest.
The volcano seemed to be my choice with it's upgrade options and 8 shocks until I saw the other 3.
The caldera I see mentioned all over, and now with a BL and lipo it seems like a beast, but Redcat says only 25mm of clearance, that's literally under 1"....
I then looked at the terremoto 10 v2. Can't find too much on it, aside from the odd steering. Looks to have 2"+ of clearance.
also looking into the dukono and dukono pro. Big price jump on the two. I really like the lifted center chassis and looks to be a decent build. But the brushed version looks slow online. But the dukono has even less info than all the rest.

Help would be great. Thanks.