Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Blackout SC has gone dark

Old 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM
dardoonk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Lightbulb Blackout SC has gone dark

First, bear with another newbie to the hobby...
I bought my 7yr old son a Redcat SC and have about 10 packs thru it and it has performed well overall. I've kept him mostly in the backyard and at the local little league field so far, so we haven't had any significant impacts. While a number of small issues which should have been addressed before it was boxed is something I can easily address, today's issue has me searching forums for help.

After about 10 minutes of running on hard dirt, the truck simply came to a complete stop and the motor does not turn, but I do have power to the servo. Here is what I have checked so far but no change.

> swapped to a fresh battery pack (5200 C2 lipo)
> red light comes on and stays on at power switch, but no beeps anymore.
> red light on esc flashes at partial throttle and solid at max in both forward and reverse. It is off at throttle rest.
> pulled ESC & radio to ensure no wires crimped or loose (and to replace the lousy mounting job at the factory)
> can turn wheels by hand and feel no unusual resistance.
> turned motor by moving the little exposed fans and all the wheels move slightly.
> gave up and searched the interwebs for those smarter about this stuff than me.

BTW - it really is for my son... I have a Losi Baja Rey in route for myself, so I have to get the Blackout fixed asap

Thanks
Old 08-25-2019, 12:17 PM
dardoonk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, after a week, I'd say there's not much "support" from Redcat going on here.... It was the motor btw