Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Volcano EPx pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Meolomon11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Volcano EPx pro: replacement receiver won’t work or bind

Hello
new to this and had to replace the receiver because my son plugged the battery directly into it. The motor ran for a bit and then quit working also. I was told the receiver was fried. Bought a brand new receiver from redcat. Just put it in and it didn’t work either. The receiver is blinking red when I turn it on e and plug it in. Do I need to bind it? What am I doing wrong. It hasn’t been run once. So sad. Please help.

Last edited by Meolomon11; 01-01-2021 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Title is wrong
Old 03-20-2021, 04:04 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, the RedCat receivers are FlySky receivers. I would say you have to bind the new receiver to the transmitter. The bind plug need to go into channel 3.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:49 PM
joe-oner

Originally Posted by Meolomon11
Hello
new to this and had to replace the receiver because my son plugged the battery directly into it. The motor ran for a bit and then quit working also. I was told the receiver was fried. Bought a brand new receiver from redcat. Just put it in and it didn’t work either. The receiver is blinking red when I turn it on e and plug it in. Do I need to bind it? What am I doing wrong. It hasn’t been run once. So sad. Please help.
the bind button is tiny, and just to the side of the on off toggle under the waterproof cover.
Old 02-28-2023, 12:11 AM
Forsaken_one

If you are looking for a seriously customizable controller.... I'd recommend the Radio Link RC6GS or maybe the RC4GS if you don't think you will ever use the extra channels. This controller is awesome if you plan to upgrade to lithium batteries in the future and want to tune the acceleration curve so as not to flip over backwards when 'matting it'.

(post 2 of 10 before I can ask the community the question I want to ask)
^also, how am I supposed to help people or post 10 times without being able to share links/?!?!